39🤎

Shuri

You've got to be joking right now. I'm so distraught that this is happening to me out of all people. If I would've just reenrolled when I had the chance then I wouldn't have to share a dorm with freaking India.

Headmaster Sutton said I would have to share with her and there is nothing I can do about it. I knock on the door of my new home and India comes to open it.

"Surprise." I fake excitement.

"Can I help you?" She crosses her arms.

"You can step aside and let me into my home."

"You're the new roommate? You've got to be kidding me."

"I know right, and before you try to appeal I tried it already. It's nothing we can do. There is limited space here on campus." I speak.

"Babe who's at the door?" I hear Rue and her slight country accent. It only comes out when she uses certain words and phrases. It's quite funny actually.

"My new roommate." She fully opens the door and I come inside.

"If you don't mind, my people are going to bring up my things. I have an arrangement to get to so could you please direct them on where to go?" I speak. Some of the Dora brought my things from Wakanda.

"Yeah, of course. When you get back we should probably go over some sort of ground rules." India says to me with a slight smirk.

"Mmhmm, I'm out. Don't steal anything." I leave out heading to Simon's frat house.

♾️

"Wait so, you and Rue's girlfriend are sharing a room?" He sits back on the couch playing his video game.

"Yeah, it's ridiculous. I think your mom is doing this on purpose." I slump down in my seat.

"Maybe, or maybe it was just a weird coincidence. Just tell India you don't want Rue at the dorm."

"Come on Si, that's not fair."

"Do you want to get over her or not? You tried the distance thing, but that didn't work. You moped around all summer because of her. You tried getting with Amiri, but that didn't work. This definitely won't help. Maybe you should just try getting back with her." He shrugs.

"No, that won't be happening. We're through, we just don't work. We tried it and I don't make her happy." Back home I tried my best to make it work. I could tell that my attempts failed. With every day it got worse until I made her tell me how she felt. It's for the best, she seems to be happy now.

I probably will never find anyone who will make me feel even an ounce of what she does but I'll fight like hell to try.

"I'm all out of options." He throws his hands up.

"Can I stay with you?" I joke.

"Absolutely not, the guys in here are ruthless with women." He doesn't take his eyes off the game.

"I can take them."

"It's the principle of being a gentleman, no. That's non-negotiable. I don't even like you sitting in a room alone."

I sit there and watch him play the video game for a little while longer. "What's the status of your parents?"

"My father filed for divorce already. My mom will eventually be served and that will be the end of it. Don't beat yourself up about it sis." he sighs.

That's been another thing heavy on my mind. Their parents probably would still be together if I would've never come over here. I don't know what I thought would happen when everyone found out but a divorce is excessive.