12🤎

Rue

I've been getting to class on time for the last week. I normally make it here at the same time as Shuri. She's not here yet and class is already five minutes in.

"Where's Shuri?" I whisper to Simon.

"She left town for a few days. She sent me a message last night out of the blue." He goes into his phone.

He pulls up the message on his phone and brings it closer so I can read it. 'Hey Simon, something happened back home, family emergency, and i need to get there as fast as possible. I won't be on campus for a few days, cover for me with everyone please. I'll be back as soon as I can thanks.'

I nod my head after I finished reading the passage. I'm kind of worried now, I hope everything is okay.

The day went by smoothly. I went to Kalebs dorm to help him with his work, once we were finished we went to get food and he brought me home.

After unwinding I can't help but think about Shuri. I FaceTime her, no answer.

I draft up a message. 'Hey princess, I haven't talked to you. Just wanted to make sure you were okay. Call me when you can. I was really looking forward to seeing you today, I missed you teasing me.'

I only send the first three sentences. I continue to do my homework thinking about her. I really hope everything is going well. Sometime throughout the night I fell asleep listening to a new album that just dropped.

The next few days went on painfully slow. It's always the same thing. School, tutoring and hanging out with Lottie and Kaleb. I haven't seen anyone else outside of school really. Lottie has been staying the night out with the guy she met at the bonfire, Andre. I've met him on campus a few times, he pretty cool. I'm glad she's found someone she actually likes. This is really rare for her.

Simon just brought me home from work. I have to get ready for the party tonight that his frat is throwing. Kaleb is suppose to meet me there later but I highly doubt he'll make it.

After showering and curling my hair, I put on my clothes and waited for Lottie to come to the dorm so we could head to the party together. While I waited for her, I checked my message to Shuri. She read it, sadly no reply. She read it a few hours ago. I wonder if she's upset with me.

Why am I even worried, she is just suppose to be my friend. I hate to admit it but I really like her. Her being gone and still invading my every thought only confirmed that. I hear the keys jiggling in the door which indicates Lottie is here.

"Let me grab my jacket just in case it gets cold and then I'm re- you look gorgeous Rue." She squeals seeing me.

"Thank you, I haven't gotten dressed up in a while. I thought it'd be good for me." I smiled.

"I'm glad you did, I had been scared that I'd walk in and see you in a jogging suit. Not saying that you're not cute in them but I haven't seen you dolled up in a while." She fumbles.

I chuckle at her. "You look pretty as always."

"Thank You, I'm going to go grab my jacket now." She pointed to the back of the apartment toward our rooms.

"Where are you coming from? A date perhaps?" I yell to the back.

"No, we all pregamed. We were going to invite you but we knew you still had to get dressed." She yells back.

"Who's we?"

"Simon, but he left early, Joe, Alexis, Morgan and Shuri, she just got back to campus last night I think."

Wait, she's back, she didn't even bother to tell me she was leaving. Why did I think she was going to tell me she was back, or even text me back.

On the walk over to the party, I try to push her to the back of my mind. Like always, she's the prominent thought that takes over.