9🤎

Rue

When I wake up my phone is propped up and I'm on the phone with Shuri, she's asleep though. I look at the time, I should probably be getting up. I send her a text letting her know that I had to get ready for work and that I'll see her this evening.

At work I had been daydreaming about her often. It was quickly ended by Kaleb texting me here and there. There was a tiny thought in the back of my mind, he wasn't the one I actually wanted to talk to.

After helping groom the newest member of the adoption center and feeding the reptiles I left. Simons picking me up since I don't drive.

"Hey, are you mad at me?" He asked.

"No, why would I be?" I frowned.

"I was suppose to make it to see you yesterday but I got distracted." He says.

"No, I'm not mad at you, it was a Saturday on a college campus. You had every right to be busy. The headache went away as soon as I ate." I lied

"What are you doing tonight?" He asked.

"I told Shuri we could hang out. Especially since I don't know her all too well. I figured it's time we hang out one on one." I shrug my shoulders.

"Cool, it's not a date or anything right?" He looks at the road.

"No, she's your friend. She's our friend, yeah she's insanely attractive but I like Kaleb. I'd never cross that line." I say.

God the lies just keep spewing out. "I don't know why I had to ask you that. I trust you more than anyone in this world. Promise me you'll stay away from her in that way. That you two will keep it friendly."

"I promise brother." I fake smile crossing my fingers under my thigh. Bad, I know. She's just so tempting, there's no telling what the future might bring.

"When are you hanging out with everyone again?" He asks.

"There's a party this weekend right?" I ask.

"Yeah, at the frat house." He says.

"I can see if Kaleb wants to go, I'll come hang out with you guys then." I say.

"Okay cool, we were all bummed when you didn't come to the bonfire, I mean well we all made bets. Morgan and Joseph knew you weren't coming. The rest of us bet $10 that you were. You already know how that turned out." He scratched his head.

I laugh "Thank you for the motivation, I'll try to get out more."

I think about the day. Shuri hasn't text or called all day. I wonder if we're even still hanging out.

We get to the south dorms and I go up, Simon was going to stay but some girl called so he went to see her. When I get up I see Lottie is here.

I immediately hug her, I feel like I haven't seen her in forever. "I've missed you." I say.

"I know, I've been hanging this weekend." She says.

"Tell me about the guy you've been with. I know you wanted to talk the other night but-"

"Shuri was in your room." She snickers.

"That's absurd, why would you think that?" I blank.

"I know you Rue, we grew up together. Plus I heard you two talking." She laughs.

"Oh god." I rub my forehead.

"How did that even come about? I thought "that wasn't a good idea". At least that's what you told me." She says.

"We're really only friends. She was drunk the other night and came here. I let her sleep in my bed."

"Why not the couch like the other night?" She asks.