ᚷᛟᛞᛚᚤ ᛋᛁᛒᛚᛁᚾᚷᛋ ᚨᚱᛖ ᛋᛏᚢᛈᛁᛞ

Godly Siblings Are Stupid

If someone was asked to describe Y/N in a word, most would say stubborn, or persistent. If one asked her to explain why people may say that, she would respond that she had to be.

Y/N was a goddess, goddess of the elements, the youngest of the royal Asgardian family. Being a part of a royal family was hard. Pressures, stresses, all the fun things. 

She lived in the shadows of her older siblings, Thor and Loki. They possessed extraordinary gifts, much like herself, but they were older and more experienced. They were admired by the people of Asgard and would get roses and other goods thrown in their path as they walked by.

But no one did things like that for Y/N, except for those two people.

Her brothers.

Thor and Loki had to act apart from Y/N in the public eye, it was Odin's orders, which they all found unusual, but as soon as they were behind doors, they were as close as peas in a pod. 

Loki would teach her magic, like how to cast an illusion, and they would pull pranks on their parents and palace staff, to be met with distain by Odin and amusement by Frigga. The two shared a special bond, which just became stronger when Frigga taught the two how to communicate telepathically. 

Thor would teach her to fight. He taught her how to wield blades, and how to defend herself. Some days they would spar the whole day in the training rooms near the top of the palace. 

It reminded Y/N of the days that her brothers would talk about being the king of Asgard. She would sit and listen, relishing in the fact that Frigga had once brought her aside and told her that she could be queen one day. She was not out of the running. 

As the years went by, however, Y/N saw how unlikely that chance was and gave up on that dream. She knew that it was to be one of her brothers. 

And, just as she had predicted, Thor, being the firstborn, had been chosen to be the heir to the throne and was to be coronated. 

But as the days went on and on, closer and closer to Thor's coronation as king, Thor became more and more bullheaded, boastful. He disregarded his siblings, treating them as if they were peasants rather than members of the royal family just like him.  

While this upset Loki, Y/N, and even Frigga, their mother had more or less had written it up to the drive and pressure Thor must have been feeling. 

But, to both Loki and Y/N, it was clear this was more than that. It was arrogance and hubris. 

Traits not fit for a king. 

׺°"˜'"°º×

On the day of the coronation, Thor was given the gift of Mjölnir, a magical weapon, born to help serve a king. 

And so of course Thor called for a party, but was quickly shut down. Everyone was to be in the grand hall, which incased the throne. 

When everyone was in the grand hall of the palace, Thor made his entry. 

He was dressed in full formal armor, complete with his winged helmet. As he walked, he cheered and showed off Mjölnir by tossing it up and down. 

As he continued down the center stage, he took in the sights of his family before him.

Odin, of course, was sitting stoically in his throne brandishing his staff. 

Frigga, Loki, and Y/N were standing on Odin's right, all in formal armor. Frigga was in her simpler ones, with small armor pieces covering her light blue dress.