━ 09

INNOCENT

INNOCENT

Hyun's POV

"Jay," I called him and he turned his head raising an eyebrow as he stopped from peeling the mandarin he bought for me. "How'd you know Ni-ki is a Japanese?" I asked curiously.

"I," he paused to let out a heavy sigh. "I did a little–"

"Investigation?" I nodded my head not letting him finish his words. "I see, how would I not?" I continued with a disappointed tone.

As expected, he did. It was obvious that he is suspecting Ni-ki as my stalker and I know that he wouldn't waste a chance to investigate. His parents are wealthy and he can hire investigators to help him if ever he wanted and needed them. Of course I know that he cares and just wants to solve the issue to put me at ease but accusations won't give us good results at the end.

I may not know why I feel as if I can't suspect Ni-ki but my guts tells me to trust him. I trust Jay but I hate it hearing him mentioning Ni-ki's name to badmouth him of all people. We're at the same class and we are aware that Ni-ki was only a transfer. I won't disregard Ni-ki's efforts and his kindness just to believe something that hasn't been proven as the truth.

"Go home, Jay." I spoke. Jay stayed silent after being caught of his actions. "I'll handle myself for now, just come back tomorrow morning."

"But–"

"Come on, just go. If you insist on staying here then we better cut ties–" he stood up placing the peeled off mandarin on a plate.

"Here, eat this. I'll go home," he gasped, handing me the plate with the mandarin on it. "You scared me." he held the doorknob before waving goodbye.

I sighed as my eyes landed on the mandarin. My stomach felt so full that I want to throw up, so, I shifted my gaze to the side to put the plate with the mandarin on it at the top of the table next to the bed. I massaged my temple as my head ache and decided to lay down to take a rest.

I sat up straight with my eyes focused on him. He was carrying a basket of fruits and a brown paper bag with food in it. My stomach growled and my mouth watered out of hunger. It's 9 PM and I just woke up with an empty stomach after two hours of sleep. He chuckled as he heard the sound making me tuck my lips in embarrassment. He handed me the utensils and carried the bed table over for me.

"Thank you for bringing me food, Ni-ki." I smiled shyly and he smiled back at me.

"Where is your friend.. Jay? Did he forgot to buy you a meal before leaving?"

"I asked him to go home since I was mad at him." I mumbled.

"You guys had a fight?" Ni-ki asked tilting his head.

I nodded as a response to him. His lips formed an 'O' making me bit my lower lip. He extended his hand signaling me to eat. I grabbed the utensils and started eating. My thoughts were occupied by Jay's suspicions. I continued eating while stealing glances at Ni-ki who was eating his own meal on the sofa. I grinned as he looked so innocent, wiping the sauce off his lips.