━ 11

J AND J

J AND J

Hyun's POV

Days and weeks had passed and I'm finally discharged. Jay picked me up to drive and drop me home but we were completely awkward and silent the whole ride. He didn't even speak or tell a word to me and so I didn't as I could understand why he seems to be ignoring and avoiding me. I feel the same, everything feels uncomfortable since he told me about his feelings. We never talked for days, for a week after that day. I couldn't force my self to talk to him and that was hard for me as well. Jay left after successfully escorting me and let Mrs. Bae do the rest of the assistance I need.

On the contrary, Ni-ki stick himself next to me and took care of me, visiting me directly after his classes. He showed me our notes and taught me our previous lessons so I could go along the discussion once I come back to school and I thanked him for that. Ni-ki was more than caring than he was at the first week of my confinement and he even sent me a message after knowing that I got discharged. I looked at my screen to read his message.

Ni-ki:

I heard you're discharged? How are you?

I smiled while typing my reply.

Hyun:

I'm more than okay. Thanks for your concern and for the notes. See you on Monday, Ni-ki.

I could see how fast he seen my reply. Three dots appeared as he typed.

Ni-ki:

No need to thank me, we're friends. And, you are welcome. See you!

I placed my phone on the side table, leaving him on read since I'm not a fan of chatting. I laid down on my soft and fluffy bed to rest my tired body and felt sleepy just a few seconds of staring at the ceiling. I closed my eyes and slept for few hours.

I woke up with a messy hair as I yawned. I decided to take a bath so I headed towards my walk-in-closet to pick clothes to wear. I want to feel at home after being free from the smell of the hospital so I chose pajamas with penguin designs on them. I went inside the bathroom and did my thing. I fastened up and wore my pajamas. I went downstairs and saw the lights on the kitchen turned on. I almost jump out of shock when I saw a guy's back facing me as I expected to see Mrs. Bae.

Jay?

I flinched as our eyes met. My lips parted seeing Jake in front of me. On his hand is a tiny bowl with cold soybean noodle soup in it. His lips formed a huge smile as he stared at me.

"Hi!" he greeted.

"What are you.. doing here, Jake?" I asked him.