Chapter four A night to remember

Chapter four
A night to remember

Saturday, Integra's birthday
5:52pm.

From her front door a rapping was heard that echoed throughout the tiny apartment, Jane nearly dropped her earring at the sound, yet in a snap grabbed her belongings and ran to the door.

"Hello?" Jane answered

"Miss Hellsing, I'm here to take you to the estate." A male voice called. Jane opened the door and found a respectable looking man in a clean Hellsing uniform with white cufflinks and gloves.

"Good evening, please come this way my lady." He offered his hand to Jane, which she took as her cheeks turned rosy.

"Thank you." She said confidently and was led to the parking lot were a long limousine waited, with another man in Hellsing wear, he stood holding the car door open for Jane, smiling as she came near. Jane's eyes looked on in wonder around the car, practically walking into the car itself. It was a rare thing to see a limonene in London now a days, she felt more than blessed to ride in one.

"Thank you." She said to the other gentlemen.

"Your quite welcome my lady." As soon as Jane sat comfortably in her seat, he closed the door, then ran to the front of the car were the driver sat. Jane smiled and looked around in wonder at the setting of this amazing car. She had never been called a Lady before, considering her wanting to live independently. But she had to admit, it was a nice change of pace to be called, my lady and treated so delicately.

Inside the limousine the interior was completely red with velvet, leather, and satin. The only thing not crimson were the seats made from a black fiber like leather. The windows were tinted so that no one could see inside, while the LED lights around the floorboards faze in different colors. There was a cooler next to her where a few bottles of wine sat with chilling droplets of condensation on their glass. Curious, she picked one up and found the vintage was made by the Hellsing estate.

"Integra has a wine vineyard?" Jane asked herself, reading Diablo as the brand, and saw it was added twenty-seven years ago, so the flavor was probably strong. Jane put the bottle back, not wanting to get tipsy before the party, then leaned in the comfortable seats like feathers, a long sigh escaping her lips. She heard a crumpling sound by her hand and surprised found a note on the seat with her. Jane held it assuming it was from Integra, opened the note and read the content.

"Miss Hellsing,
I hope you enjoy my limousine to the fullest, it is my personal ride, but I am more than pleased to share it with you. I look forward to seeing you at my master's birthday celebration this evening.
- Alucard."

Jane stared at the note feeling the air around her shrink suffocating her air supply drastically. She read over the note again, looking for a coded message in his words that she did not see before, only the words stayed the same, not revealing anything new.
Out of pure curiosity, Jane glanced back over at the wine bottles and looked closer at them. 'Blood type O, vintage.' The bottle read. She shuffles away from the bottle keeping distance between her and the red liquid sloshing within the glass.
After the hour ride, the limousine rolled through the huge gates of the estate on to the gravel drive directly before the front doors where a host of people in fine attire walked in. Once the car stopped and the door Jane sat near was opened, she was led out gently and elegantly by her kind escorts. Jane thanked the driver then followed the rest of the crowd into the mansion where she was greeted by two butlers at the door. Compared to Jane everyone else looked like gods and goddesses without even trying, clearly all were of wealthy families making Jane feel small in the crowd. Flowing fabrics, shimmering precious stones, and high-class perfumes in the air was nearly suffocating to her. She was like a ruby in a sea of diamonds, she stood out easily, but was precious looking enough to be called a gem, like the rest of them.