Chapter fourteen The devil with in him

Chapter fourteen
The devil with in him

It had been four weeks since sir Harold Turner took the estate, in that time he had successfully led the organization with out trouble or hesitation. Any mission that came to his desk was quickly dealt with, and completed.
The men, where bringing in more victories from their missions, therefor lightening up their spirits.
After the passing of Integra the estate was with out a leader, and Jane, unfortunately was not their mistress yet.

But now, with a firm hand leading them, everyone seemed much more forgiving of sir Harold's substitution. Even General Beck, who was so against the idea of the substitute became less agitated, and more flexible with the man.

Jane who was studying and learning as much as she could with in the weeks, also found nothing to complain about. She saw Harold during Breakfast, and dinner, but other than that, she had little contact with him to be displeased about. As far as Jane could tell Harold was doing his job and completing the tasks before him. The only thing to do then, was complete her own training, and do what was expected of her.

Jane worked hard with Seras on hand to hand combat, Thomas with the proper ways to act in high society, since she was raised with the common underclass upbringing. General Beck, and his captains showed her the back bone of the organization, how the soldiers, operators, vampires, restoration units, and front line teams worked together. She as the next Hellsing, was expected to know that, and put such knowledge in how to run the organization. Finally Alucard taught her more on sword play, shooting,the history of Hellsing, and different classifications of monsters.

At the four weeks marked the time since Harold arrived, Jane had achieved more training than she would have in half a year. Alucard ordered her teachers to pound as much knowledge as they could in her, his goal was to have Jane the master before the new year.
        But as for Alucard him self, he watched Jane day and night, barley getting enough sleep or eating. His mind was set on making sure she was learning all she could in the short amount of time given.
Though his 'currant master' Harold, would call for Alucard constantly during his training with Jane, it seemed. Asking for his opinion on certain things that were truly random subjects to converse about. Causing Jane's time with Alucard to be limited to a total of four hours a day. This agitated him, making his attitude towards Jane and others more irritable.

Currently Jane and Alucard sat in the library near the time for dinner, looking over yet another book on the vast knowledge of demons. Jane read on a large round table, filled with books while Alucard laid over a lounge chair like a large cat, digging his sharp claws into the fabric.

"I don't see how this is even valid." Jane mumbled in to the pages. "When am I expected to have a fight with a demon in my life time?"

Alucard lifted his head off the arm of the chair. "Stop asking questions and read, you still have ten more chapters to go." Jane looked at the remainder of the book, finding it to be thicker than the table, then groaned slamming her head down in the book.

"This is impossible, we've been doing this for hours, can't we take a break?! I can't read another word."

Alucard did not look at her only stared at the celling above. "Tell me what you have learned, then I might consider your request." Jane snapped the book shut, moving her legs to the side of the chair.

"The book says demons are faithful servants to the dark underworld or Hell, their job is to collect souls of the living, to either drag them down into Hell, posses for some dark deed, or eat human souls to nourish them selves. On occasion the demon will consume a human by ripping out the humans heart, and eating the body, or simply consuming them whole. Demons are made by one of two ways. They manifest from a human soul in Hell, or a human makes a deal with one to become a demon. It is unknown how to kill a demon, they are assumed to be indestructible, and any one who has tried has died. Demons are the exact opposite of the heavenly creatures known as angles, and have seemingly no power on holy ground."
Jane finished, speaking in a monotone voice. "Dose that satisfy you?"