Chapter twenty four Aranging ones life

Chapter twenty four
Arranging ones life

Heat, a suffocating amount of heat surrounded her body like a second skin of fire. At first it was comforting and pleasant, only now it urged her to open her eyes to the dimness.
Her fingers were the fist to move, they reached from under the warmth to her face, pulling of a rag from her eyes. Once she could see, Jane moved her head from left to right, at once recognizing the interior of her parlor and the burning hearth she lay by.

The parlor it self was poorly lit due to the large window curtains being shut, and the sun not yet risen in the eastern sky. Jane shuffled under the blankets from the heat she was cocooned in as her skin sweat profoundly. She pushed off the layers managing to sit up as best she could. Jane rubbed her eyes roughly, slowly allowing the memories to return to her.

The mission, her armor being ripped off, and suddenly unable to feel her skin anymore. She lifted her hands and saw them still pail, but far better improved than before. Any feeling of numbness or chill was fading away, promising a healthy return to her normal body temperature.
Jane wiped her forehead and stepped out of bed, onto the marble floor toward her own room. 

While Jane returned to life down the hall, Thomas and Devin strolled side by side as Devin carried another bundle of warm rags, Thomas walked with his head hard and arms behind his back.

For the past two days now he had been frantic and greatly concerned, not only for Jane to awaken but also for another pressing matters. Nearly three weeks ago Thomas had received a letter addressed to the estate's head department. Thomas being apart of the head department opened it and read a letter from Sir John Buttler of the apple gate estates. This being a excellent opportunity for Jane and the organization Thomas kept the letter and responded back.

"Dear Master Butler.
We accept your invitation and will honor your requests for the event you planned. The lady Hellsing shall attend at your estate along with my self. The organization looks forward to working with you, and hopes to insure a excellent relationship with you.
Sincerely, Thomas's Holt."

The letter was sent back now, two weeks ago and at the time was a relief to the butler. Only now Jane was ill and may not be able to attend the event planned.

       The aspect of Jane being the last Hellsing and not having siblings or any children with the name of Hellsing was a serious issue. Not only for the estate but perhapses the world. Should the control over the vampires there become broken, then the havoc and terror of vampires would spread through out the countries. Seras, perhapses may not be a threat but Alucard certainly would.

If he were to be set free from the contract and regain all his powers in one being. The world may once again be plunged into darkness, their would be no telling what he may do to the people, or to Jane.

Shuddering at the thought Thomas continued to walk towards Jane's rooms, his shoulders slouching with the weight of the world on his mind.
Devin glanced at Thomas while he fretted, worry also in her hazel eyes.

"Sir?" She asked, keeping to his side. "Are you alright?" Thomas looked down at Devin, replacing his frown with a relived looking smirk.

"Of course my dear, nothing to worry about." He lightly sighed. "Come now, we must tend to the Mistress."

Devin nodded. "Yes sir." The two stopped in front of the parlor door and the master rooms for Jane. And where upon opening the door, and peering into the parlor found Jane's hospital bed to be empty. Thomas gasped running into the room as Devin chased after him.

"Where is she?" Thomas quickly sprinted then from room to room in the master chambers. Devin put the hot rags on the bed also going looking for Jane. She went directly to Jane's own bedroom while Thomas searched the linked areas of the master rooms.