Chapter twenty three A series of unexpected turns

A series of unexpected turns.

Three years have passed since the time that Jane had taken the title and inherited the estate. With in these years she was molded in too a resilient, strong, commanding and spirited young woman. After completing her training as Hellsing, she now made her own path, her own decisions and improvements to the rules for the organization, and lead with out hesitation. The estate prospered from these aspects, now seeking the calmer, and brighter years for the business straight ahead.

Jane truly became a well rounded commander in her short time ruling the estate. And considering the amount of information she had to absorb with the amount of time she had, the results had turned out better than any would have hoped for.
Jane even felt more confident in herself than before, therefor, unintimidated by the elements of her line of work. She attended round table meetings, worked with Royal Guards on efficient protection, recruited more men for her growing army of Hellsing solders, even expanded the facility's for the facilities use in training, and infirmary.
If any one were to pull aside a random man from the estate, and ask him what he thought about the current phase of things. The man would have laughed, and told you that the time was as right as rain, the best Hellsing had seen in a long time.

The only problem that seemed to be on everyone's mind, was the lack of missions. It had already been noticed that the frequency of attacks, of any sort, dwindled down to only two or three every week. When it used to be every day at a random hours in integra's time and before.
Now there was only three in a month for the organization, The jobs were so few and far between, that some men would say, the end of our time must be near. All the damned ones are tuning home. While this eased some members, and brought a light feeling of Gods good work, others remained disturbed.

Never in the history of this planet had the creatures of the Pagan gods simply disappeared, yet with each passing month it looked to be exactly that. Jane was among those that were uneasy with the amount of attacks of late. Where once she would have hated the idea of going out on missions, now she would go with the men and fight along with them.

With her training, Jane became a formidable enemy, and was more than capable of defending her self. Now a days the common beings still prowling around were the vampires and their Ghouls. This classification of monsters were mainly for the vampires of the estate, Seras and Alucard, yet Jane would go out with the two and help kill ghouls; while Alucard finished off the host vampire.

To Jane this was a grim method of understanding these creatures more, and to have a tad bit of fun. She had to admit, it was thrilling to run in the middle of the night with your weapons in hand. Slay tour enemies, and always have the upper hand. Jane could now understand, at least a little, why Seras and Alucard enjoyed their jobs so much. They could kill in the beams of moon light, and get away with it honorably. It is quite the satisfying feeling.
Yet Jane was still uneasy with the lack of enemies at their door step. So she went into each mission she found necessary, to perhapses conclude why there were so few left.
Perhapses it was truly the hand God wiping away the forces of evil for good, and man had won. But with the things she had seen, and the experience she now had, though little it was, she thought other wise. Better to be prepared, than hope for the fate to go your way.

It was on such a night that vampires had been reported, living off prostitutes at a strip club in the out skirts of a lively city, not far from London. Thomas stepped in with his opinion at learning the mission would reside at an erotic club. And insisted that Jane remained at the estate for this particular situation.

She shooed him off though, appreciating the advice from her dear butler, but wanting to go never the less. Missions were the only time that she had any strange fun, the rest of her days were spent filling out paper work, meeting with government officials, and paying bills, so Jane stayed on with the mission.