The Past

Sensitive Topics?

Loud footsteps echo in the hallway. All the prisoners were asleep at the time so it didn't bother anyone. Two guards walk down the hall with a new prisoner.
"Did we really have to arrest another hybrid?" Keralis was working one of his few night shifts because Wels was out sick. Xisuma sighs and glances at the prisoner.

The prisoner had dark brown hair, with fluffy ears and tail. He refused to take his sunglasses off so Xisuma just let it slide. His name is Ren, he is a 33 year old male, werewolf hybrid.

"Yes Keralis...it's the law, you should know this by now." Xisuma says as he walks to the cell he is putting Ren in. Keralis sighs and frowns.

When they get to the cell Xisuma knocks on the cell door. "Doc! Are you awake?" Xisuma calls out.
They hear a muffled groan and shuffling inside the cell before Doc peaks out of the cell bars to see Xisuma.
"You are! Great. Well I have either good or bad news for you, but you finally have a cell mate!" Xisuma says.
Doc groans. "Yippee!" Doc says in his overly sarcastic voice as he walks back over to his bed in the cell.
Keralis opens the cell door and lets Xisuma take Ren inside it.

As they go in they see Doc, the tallest prisoner there. He is half creeper and half robot, because of his fathers experiments. He has brown messy hair with one red eye and one robotic eye. Half his face, half his chest and an arm is robotic. He didn't fit in any of the prisoner's uniforms since his height so he is only wearing a labcoat from Zedaphs lab, pants and his crocs he refused to take off.

Xisuma uncuffs Ren's hands as he places him on the bed. Ren never makes any eye contact with Xisuma, he has been staring at the floor the whole time. Xisuma's heart aches as he sees the sad boy. He places a hand on Ren's head and gives him a few head rubs, after he walks out of the cell and lets Keralis lock it.
"Doc, remember to be nice." Xisuma sighs as he leaves with Keralis.

Doc nods absentmindedly as he glances over at Ren, who still hasn't looked up yet. "So werewolf hybrid, hm?" Doc starts. "Were you born like this or experimented on?" Doc questions.
Ren looks up to stare at him. Doc cannot see his eyes due to the sunglasses but he can definitely tell that Ren doesn't want to talk right now. Ren lays on the bed and faces away from Doc.
"Jeez, sensitive much?" Doc scoffs. Doc lays on his bed, "It'll get better, you'll learn how to deal with all this. Just don't kill yourself first." Doc jokes. The joke falls flat. Doc looks over at Ren, "I'm going back to sleep." Then turns around on his stomach and closes his eye.
Doc's joke did nothing to ease Ren's anxiety. If anything the comments made Ren feel worse. But Ren had to accept it. This was his life now, in a cage forever, a dogs worst nightmare.

~~~

"Ren? Ren!!!" Is all Ren could hear when we woke up.
Ren sits up and groans, he looks up to see Doc. Ren groans again. "What do you want?" Ren asks. Doc sighs.
"It's breakfast time and Xisuma wants you to meet the other prisoners. Also you need some clothes." "Fine…" Ren grumbles as he stands up. He stumbles over and grabs onto Doc while trying to stablize himself. After making sure that he wasn't going to fall over Doc helps Ren stand up straight. "Are you okay?" Doc questions as Ren tries not to lose his balance again.
"I'm fine." Ren mutters.

Soon Doc and Ren hear the cell doors to all cells open up, its officially breakfast time.

As soon as they arrive at the cafeteria, everyone goes quiet and Doc goes to sit with his friends. Xisuma walks over to Ren and clears his throat.
"Everyone meet Ren, he's a werewolf hybrid. I hope you all will be kind to him." Xisuma finishes and turns to Ren. "Why don't you go find an empty seat somewhere Ren?" Xisuma suggests.
Ren nods and looks around, he sees a short blonde haired guy wave their hand.
"Hey! New guy! Over here!" The guy yells. Ren hesitates before walking over and sitting next to him.