A Sorrow Story

It's been a week since Grian had that conversation with Scar. Everything got better for him. He started to schedule more than one meeting with Joe to get some more help with his mental health. All was great. But somethings change, maybe for the worse, maybe for the better.

***

The phone in X's office rings.
X picks up the phone. "Hermit Prison, this is Xisuma here. How may I help you?" Xisuma asks with a cheerful voice that soon dies down. "You found another hybrid in hiding? Ah. You're on your way?" Xisuma sighs and shakes his head. "Ok. I will be out front." X hangs up and faceplants into the keyboard.
"Shishwam?" Keralis peeks his head into the room. "Is everything ok?" Keralis walks over and gives X a pat on the back.
"A new hybrid was caught." X stands.
Keralis frowns. "Well, we should go get them, huh?"
"Yeah." X sighs.

At the front gate, X and Keralis see two armored guards and a poor, slim but very tall avian being manhandled and pushed onto the ground in front of X's feet.
"Goodbye." One guard says sternly. They both turn and leave, locking the gate.

When X knows they're gone, he helps the avian up. "Are you alright?" Keralis asks gently.
The avian looks at Keralis, his eyes are dull, and his face has cuts and bruises all over it. "They killed my husband."
Xisuma and Keralis' eyes widen.
"Oh...oh my gosh." X says in complete shock.
"Let's get you to the infirmary, your wings don't look too good." X picks up the avian and carries him to Cub's office.

"Cub! We have a new prisoner. Can you grab Gem, too?" Keralis asks.
"Sure thing!" Cub gets up and goes into Gem's office.
X puts the avian on the medical bed. "May..uh may I ask your name?" X asks with caution.
"It's Jimmy."
Xisuma writes it down. "Well- Jimmy, how old are you?"
"27."
"Right." X writes that down, too.
Right after Gem and Cub walk in.
"So new pri-" Gem drops her notepad. "Jimmy!?" Gem runs over to Jimmy and hugs him tightly, but carefully.
"G-Gem?" Jimmy looks at Gem with tears in his eyes.
"Jimmy...what did they do to you..!?"
"N-Nothing...but beat me...b-but..they.." Jimmy sobs. "They k-killed Scott...he was protecting me..!" Jimmy sobs into Gem's shoulder.
Gem's eyes widen, and then they go dark. "I am going....TO GIVE THEM A PIECE OF MY MIND!!!" Gem yells and storms to her office. "Cub, you can deal with this! I have to break a bunch of grown men!" Gem slams her door shut. The press of buttons on a phone can be heard.
They all stand there, in complete shock(except Jimmy, he knew she would be enraged).
X looks at Jimmy. "How do you know Gem?"
"My husband was best friends with Gem and her brother." Jimmy says.
X frowns. "Oh."
Cub walks over, putting rubber gloves on. "I'm going to preen your wings to find injuries, ok?" Cub asks.
"Ok." Jimmy whispers and lets Cub preen his wings.

A few moments go by.

"There doesn't seem to be many life changing injuries, just a few cuts." Cub says as he rubs a healing ointment onto his hands. "This will be cold." Cub runs his fingers through the wings and rubs gently on the cuts.
Jimmy hisses but digs his fingers into his pants.
When Cub finishes, he wraps cloth around Jimmy's wings, individually. "There you go. Now, let's look at your face." Cub holds Jimmy's face gently in his hands and looks at the injuries. "Hm. Nothing a little ointment can't fix." Cub says and cleans out the cuts and bruises, then he bandages the injuries.
"Maybe you should take him to Joe now, Shishwam." Keralis says. "I'll watch over the prison while you do." Keralis smiles and walks off.
"Alrighty." X helps Jimmy stand. "Your legs ok?"
"Yeah." Jimmy says, leaning some weight on X.
Xisuma frowns and takes Jimmy to Joe's room.
Xisuma knocks and walks in. "Joe, we have a new pr-"
"Timmy?" Grian cuts Xisuma off. He's in therapy with Joe.
"Grian?" Jimmy's eyes widen. "I..I thought you were dead.."
Grian stands up and runs to Jimmy and hugs him. Jimmy hugs back tightly.
"I'm not...im here...your here...what happened..to..?" Grian whispers.
"He's gone.." Jimmy lays his forehead against Grian's.
"Oh..Jim." Grian rubs Jimmy's back.
"How do-" X is cut off by Grian.
"He's my little brother." Grian says with sadness in his voice. "And knowing him, in this circumstance." Grian looks at Joe. "He will need a lot more mental help than I ever will." Grian sits Jimmy down and pats his back.
"Jimmy, this is Joe. He's probably my favorite person in this place- sorry X. And he's such a lovely person." Grian smiles sweetly.
Joe's cheeks heat up, and he covers the lower half of his face.
Jimmy smiles gently at Grian. "If you like him, I like him."
Grian smiles more. "Good."