The Heart Always Knows Best

*Around 3 weeks from the last chapter*

"Tango. You've been staring at Zedaph for the past 20 minutes." Etho pokes Tango's arm.
Tango's face goes red. "Shh..!!" Tango whisper shouts as he stares at Zedaph talking with Wels.
"If you want to talk to him, just call his name- He likes talking with you, Tango." Etho sighs.
Tango sighs softly and leans on the bars of the cell. "No, that wouldn't be appropriate...I'm a prisoner. There's no need to make it awkward." Tango sighs.
Etho facepalms. "Either you get his attention of I will for you!" Etho crosses his arms.
Tango rolls his eyes. "Fineeee, whatever.. But no promises." Tango huffs in annoyance and sits up straighter. Etho smirks.
"Zed!" Tango calls and sticks his hand out of his cell to wave at Zedaph.
Zedaph turns and sees Tango waving at him. His heart beats faster as he looks up, and their eyes lock eyes. They both smile shyly at each other before they turn away. Etho watches as Tango's cheeks redden. Zedaph tries to focus on Wels and not look at Tango anymore.
Wels grins at Zedaph and wiggles his eyebrows. Zedaph groans quietly and covers his face in embarrassment. "Shut up!!!" Zedaph mumbles, glaring at Wels.
Wels laughs. "I didn't say anything!" Wels puts his hands up defensively.
Zedaph sighs. "I'm leaving," Zedaph turns and walks down the hall covering his face. As he walks, he looks to his side and sees Tango staring at him.
Zedaph's face goes bright pink. "Hi Tango." Zedaph whispers as his gaze softens.
Tango smiles at him. "Hey." The corner of his mouth twitches as Zedaph tries to hide his embarrassed grin behind a hand.
Zedaph walks over to Tango's cell. Tango giggles happily.
"Zedaph! Have I ever told you about the potato launcher I made?!" Tango grins.
Zedaph chuckles and shakes his head. "You haven't."  Zedaph leans against the bars of the cell.
"Well, when you would shoot someone with the potato, they would go flying a few feet!" Tango laughs and explains in depth on how he made the potato launcher. Zedaph listens intently and lets Tango ramble while leaning against the bars of the cell. Tango's voice is happy and soothing. Zedaph smiles softly.
When Tango finally stops talking, he notices Zedaph smiling. Tango blushes slightly and rubs his neck awkwardly.  "Uh, sorry..." Tango stutters quietly.
Zedaph shakes his head. "Sorry! I was just listening. And um, you have a lovely voice Tango-" Zedaph feels his face grow hot.
Tango bites back a smile at the compliment. "Thank you.." He softly grins.
"You're welcome. Ma-" Zedaph gets cut off.
"Zedaph!!" Joe runs over and starts shaking Zedaph. "I may have spilled something in your lab-" Joe sweats nervously.
"WHAT?!" Zedaph gasps and runs to his lab, Joe follows quickly.
Tango is left there in total shock, and Etho just starts laughing.
"Shut up!" Tango groans in frustration. "Don't test me, I will tell Beef you have a crush on him." Tango sticks his tongue out.
Etho blushes. "Don't you dare!"
Tango chuckles and nudges Etho. "I'm just kidding."
"You better be." Etho crosses his arms. Tango chuckles again. Etho huffs loudly. "You're so annoying."
Tango giggles again. "Yeah, but I'm your annoying BEST friend." Tango teases.
Etho rolls his eyes, he loves this idiot like a brother.

***

"Etho! I made your card for the game I'm making!" Beef grins and pushes a card to Etho across the lunch table.
Etho looks at it and smiles. "You're a great artist, Beefers." Etho ruffles Beef's hair affectionately.  Beef leans into the touch. Etho's heart flutters at the action. Etho clears his throat to get rid of the feeling. Beef looks up confusedly. "Thanks, Etho." Beef gives Etho a small smile. Etho gives Beef a genuine smile.
"You're welcome, Beef." Etho replies.
Etho and Beef's eyes meet, and both of them blush as they stare at each other.

"Whatcha two doin'?" Tango grins, holding his plate of food.
Both Etho and Beef jump slightly, looking away from each other, blushing. "Nothing..." Etho mutters, his ears turning pink.
Tango smiles slyly and sits next to Etho. "I HOPE I'm NOT interrupting anything." Tango grins cheekily.
"Shut up-" Etho mutters quickly and angrily.
Tango laughs. "What is going on between you two anyway?? It's almost like you guys are dating." Tango raises an eyebrow teasingly.
Etho and Beef turn to look at each other and then back at Tango. Beef starts giggling nervously, his face completely red. Etho glares at Tango. Etho takes another bite of his sandwich, trying to distract himself from what just happened.
Tango shrugs casually. "Just wondering, you two are always cooing at each other an-"
Etho covers Tango's mouth. "Shush!!"
Tango snorts. "Whatever you say Etho~" Tango sings. Etho removes his hand, they sit in silence for a few moments.