The witch

You are on set. Turmoil is everywhere, many people are involved. Everyone has important work to do. Focus on Max. And you have to prepare yourself... you already have your makeup your clothes...

You need to get there... you need to absorb the whole energy of your character at that moment.. You need to feel his feeling, see through his eyes, and have his thoughts, his memories, his past, his goals, his worries, and his happiness...

And she's here to get you there...

"Do you two still remember our workshop...?" she asks when you have the special time to tune in to the role.

"You bet... you drag me to my limits, which I didn't even know I had... you made me scream, madam..." reply Jeff smirking

"This is what you need now, Jeff. Go back there... close your eyes... go back to your experiences... when you screamed..."

Jeff takes a deep breath, closes his eyes... letting himself drift away in his thoughts..

          Jeff's FLASHBACK

It's actually a pretty long story to get to this point... it seems like ages, and yet it's still only a few weeks... there was a time when you needed to learn, to prepare yourself for a new job to do...

Well, after dead from exhaustion in the gym field, the production made acting workshops. Ning and Pong made an uncompromising duo, squeezing everything out of actors like lemon.

And I was one of these lemons...

They bonded us at the beginning. We had crazy icebreakers, made everyone goof around being vampires, and bit and jumped at each other in the opportunity to over-touch ourselves. We made a savage fight with colors in the garden. It was supposed to have some rules, but it ended up in the biggest mess when the whole half-naked pack threw colored gel at each other in the biggest ecstasy. All members were enjoying the whole process like a bunch of morons.

We also made face masks from gypsum, to get to know every shape of our partner's face. And then we opened up to the rest talking about our own fears and reasons why we need that mask sometimes... which brought some tears and led to affectionate group hugging, which the duo needed for the boys. How could everyone get even closer... that seemed impossible after those years together... but still... we did...

They connected us emotionally by leading us to eye gazing with our partner. To increase trust and intimacy, and help us understand each other's emotions... By eyes gazing! These 3 minutes were insane... Luckily, we could hold hands during that, playing with our fingers, while being all serious... so... hm... I discovered... attraction of his... and... even experienced a light touch of love... definitely unexpected... and... I watched in disbelief how my restless squirrel become calm... and more relaxed. From then on, we felt freely intertwined with our fingers... Became more tactile toward each other.

I've never gotten to this point with any partner I've collaborated with. Even with GamePlay after those years... after Ingredients.. which was eye-opening in those times.

And it was not over yet. No, no, no... Partners had to make consent with every touch, every hug, and every kiss to make it safe and pleasant. And we was training that.. We get to know that we can say no. In every moment of the creating process, shooting process... every time. That they can find another way for everything when it's not ok for somebody. So, on the other hand, saying yes secured us to being accepted and open to others' affections... this 'yes', gave you courage and resoluteness in your decision process. You are aware of what you are doing, and what's going on..

They bonded partners to feel... 'you are mine now, and I'm yours here...' So that's what you have in your mind now...

Here is somebody who can touch you, and you can touch him. Who can hug you, and you want to hug him too... The person which you wiped away his tears as he talked about his feelings of inferiority and fear of failure. You could penetrate his soul more deeply. And all you want for him is sunshine and whole happiness. You care for him. You have deep respect for him...