Burnt rotisserie chicken

"Akira." She turned to face the voice in the shadows. "Hello?" "Hello, Birdy." A woman walked out of the shadows towards her, Akira looked to the sky but saw no blimp. "It's you again." She looked at the woman, who had played the water game with her. "It's me again." The woman smiled and walked closer. "What do you want?" "Ooh, so harsh, for what?" The woman chuckled, looking at the sky. "Mira wanted me to see you." "Why didn't she come? Why did she send you?" "What aren't you happy to see me?"

Akira rolled her eyes at the woman. "Well then. I just wanted to see your friend." "My friend?" "The boy, who you were just with." "Ahh, Arisu." The woman smiled to herself, "Arisu." "Well tell Mira I'm fine, ok." She turned ready to walk away. "Wait!" "What?" Akira turned back, staring at the woman. "You should play the King of Clubs tomorrow." "Why?" "It's the furthest away, from the King of Spades." Akira nodded smiling at the woman quickly. "Also, don't go in with them." She stopped smiling, "But I need to help my friends."

"Just do what I say, okay?" She stayed quiet, frowning. "You need to stay alive." "Thank you, but I'm going to be fine, I need to help my friends." The stranger smiled at her. "That is what Mira must like about you, you're so much like her." Akira nodded and walked away, "Good luck." She shouted to the woman.

"Usagi." She shook the woman awake. "What?" "It's your turn to look out." The woman looked outside to see the sun starting to rise. "You stayed out all night!" Usagi scolded her, standing up. "Whatever, Usagi. Let a girl get some sleep." She smiled before laying down and shutting her eyes, laughing internally when she heard the scoff.

"The King of Spades is getting closer." Arisu moved a makeshift marker on the map, marked with the Spade and a K. "You can start to hear gunshots when you go outside." Akira had gone on a small mission, getting as close as she could to the King of Spades without getting shot. "He still appears to never run out of ammunition. I haven't seen any sign of Ann or Chishiya." She added, looking up at Kuina who nodded.

"The whole city is his arena." "Then we'll just have to keep running from him," Tatta spoke, looking at the map. "We can't wait until someone else kills him, we would be running for weeks," Kuina spoke, Akira nodded agreeing with her words. "If only Aguni were here, he would have a small chance of killing him." She can't believe he died killing Niragi, she had lost two people she cared about in the witch hunt. She hated Niragi, she couldn't believe she had befriended such a maniac.

"There is one way to keep from being attacked," Arisu spoke softly, causing everyone to look at him. "What is it?" Kuina asked hopefully, but Akira knew what was coming. "Participate in another game." "What?" Tatta asked him incredulously. "If I were one of them, I would never interfere in the others' game." Akira nodded, it was just a matter of politeness. "The bare minimum of manners between enemies." Usagi stood up, crossing her arms and looking around the room, "They never interfere in other games."

"All the games have strict rules that they follow. If games intruded on the other, they would break down." "But... I don't want to join any other games." Akira tutted, they would have to anyway to beat this stage. "We have to Tatta." The man looked up at her, she smiled at him softly. "Either way, the King of Spades forced us to play this one. If we keep hiding either we'll eventually get found and killed by the King of Spades or our visas run out." She had a point. "But if we are playing a game do our visas keep running out? No one has ever played a game that took over a couple of hours." Usagi nodded, "But we can't afford to find out." She spoke firmly.

"Since they're the people who made the games, we might be able to find out what this world is." Arisu was still trying to find answers, even in the middle of a hunt. "Or why we have to play games. I want to know why all these people have to die." "They might not be dying, Arisu. Maybe they go back to the real world." She spoke half believing what she said, she also knew the man called bullshit. Silence filled the room as everyone weighed out their options, finally Kuina spoke up.