Chapter 22: Bloody Symphony of Shock and Awe

En route to St. Matthew's island

Vulture transport

Alpha

Ranesk was pleasantly surprised when the Valorant agents returned to the island to rescue one of their own. He had expected them to simply negotiate for her release, but instead, they launched a full-scale raid.

Brimstone agreed to let Ranesk go alone on this mission, with the condition that he wear a camera so that they could watch from headquarters. In the briefing room, the entire team was gathered, watching the view from Ranesk's camera on a large screen.

Kay/o, who piloted the aircraft, expressed some concern about Ranesk taking on four Valorant agents, but Ranesk was resolute. He put on his helmet, stepped out of the aircraft, and surveyed the island.

The destruction caused by the four agents was extensive, and Ranesk was able to locate the entrance they used to rescue their comrade.

As he approached, he could hear the sounds of relief and camaraderie from within. The five agents eventually appeared, and Ranesk stood waiting for them, unsheathing his chainsword.

"Rescuing a captured comrade, how noble," Ranesk said, staring at them.

"You stand unbeaten, yet you are already broken."

Valorant Headquarters, Alpha

Jett spoke up, breaking the silence. "I'll grab some plastic bags, just in case things get messy." Her words elicited nods of agreement from the others, all too aware of the potential bloodshed that lay ahead.

Chamber and Breach, who had recently arrived, were particularly intrigued by Ranesk's abilities, having only heard whispers of his exploits within the Protocol.

The agents all understood that the Omega team was not expected to return alive, a brutal but necessary message to send to the Omega, should they send more agents upon Alpha.

—----------------------------------------------------------

St. Matthew's island, Alaska, Alpha

The omega agents stood in fear, Viper was on the floor, she did not expect him to appear even here. They gripped their rifles tightly, they knew they could not damage him with their rifles. As seen from the messy footage from the warehouse raid.

Ranesk stared back at them, analyzing their mannerisms at the moment. They were clearly in fear, but they did not show any signs of wanting to flee, except for viper who was on the floor breathing harshly.

He revved his chainsword

"Will you remain motionless and wait for me to stride forward?" the voice of the Astartes amplified by his vox blurts out.

The agents shook at his threat.

"What's the plan? he's blocking the entrance" Phoenix whispered loudly while gripping his weapon, Sova thought immensely of any way out, there was another exit, but it was unknown where the exact way was, due to the massive facility.

Without any warning, Sova charged his Radianite powered bow and aimed at Ranesk, discharging it quickly, Ranesk noticed this instantly and dodged, taking out the bolter on his hip and aiming it, he fires a shot, releasing a loud bang that echoed throughout the room, leaving a ringing sound to the agents' ears.

Sova dodged but was thrown from the explosion from the Bolter, flinging shrapnel into his torso and causing him to go limp.

"Sova!" Sage shouts as she aims her weapon at Ranesk.