Chapter 52: Breaking Point

Clad in a dark camouflage pattern that exuded an air of lethal professionalism, the Radiants presented an ominous sight, these uniforms were issued to a select few Radiants, and those who had a military background who joined the uprising. Their entire forms concealed behind dark masks, leaving only their eyes to pierce through the shadows with an eerie radiance-a testament to the formidable powers they wielded. To the humans unfortunate enough to lay eyes on them, the Radiants embodied a harbinger of terror and despair, a chilling omen that spelled doom. These beings existed for a singular purpose: to exterminate humanity. With their advanced sensors, they could detect the absence of radiant energy within their prey, leaving no sanctuary for those they hunted.

Yet now, they found themselves in the unthinkable position of cowering and screaming in fear. This being defied all comprehension. According to their sensors, it registered as human, but this was no ordinary human. Each time they attempted to unleash their powers, this colossal monster closed the gap with blinding speed, defying all reason. It moved with an agility and swiftness that belied its massive stature, leaving the Radiants utterly confused.

It was a bewildering anomaly, a terrifying enigma that defied the very laws of their understanding. They had never imagined encountering such an adversary. The inexplicable entity had turned the tables, making the Radiants question the very essence of their existence and the limits of their formidable powers, and their own supremacy that they had believed in.

Amidst the swirling fumes and acrid smoke, he barely registered as a corporeal entity. Cloaked in the shroud of obscurity, his presence was shrouded in the very darkness that enveloped him. Yet, even in this ethereal obscurity, his eyes blazed with an incandescent hue, an infernal red that pierced through the murk, radiating a hatred unchained, unbridled, and unquenchable.

Those crimson orbs, gleaming like burning coals of malevolence, spoke volumes of the wrath that seethed within him. In the abyss of his soul, an eternal fire of resentment against Radiants raged, a searing conflagration stoked by the will of the Void father. A flame of vengeance that defied reason and consumed all reason.

Though the tempest of fury roiled within, outwardly, he remained silent. No words were uttered, no utterances issued from his lips, for the only language he spoke was one of death and torment. The symphony of his malevolence was orchestrated with a gruesome crescendo, a macabre composition composed of the sound of rending flesh and the agonized cries of those who crossed his path.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tyberos, his colossal form shrouded, surged forward with a gray blur, Hunger and Slake, thirsting for carnage. In the midst of the chaotic fray, he swiftly counted twenty combatants, unmistakably Radiants - strong adversaries in their own right because of their wretched powers. Yet, a nagging question gnawed at the corners of his mind: Why did they not wield their powers? Or was he simply too swift for them? The notion brought a sly, inward smile to his armored visage.

With a mighty leap, Tyberos descended upon another Radiant, rending him asunder with efficiency. A scream that barely had time to escape his victim's lips echoed through the room, silenced by a torrent of his own blood. Bullets pelted his armored frame, but they were naught but feeble annoyances, unable to penetrate his formidable defenses.

Approaching two Radiants cornered behind a crumbling wall, Tyberos advanced. The hand of one Radiant ignited with a blinding brilliance, engulfing the chamber in a searing light as Tyberos recoiled. It was a momentary respite for the Radiants, who seized the opportunity to broadcast their dire situation over their radios.

"Ma'am, the humans have a superweapon!" a Radiant cried out into the radio. "They have a-"

His words were brutally truncated as three deadly blades pierced his body. The dying Radiant gazed over his shoulder at the crimson eyes of the armored behemoth looming over him, before the blades severed his upper body into grotesque fragments, unleashing a deluge of gore.