Threats and Promises. (Story 13)

Years ago at the Port Mafia:

"I want the both of you to work together in the future." "But boss-" "Enough Dazai. You both need to spend some time together getting to know each other before I send you out on your next mission. Are we clear?" Both Dazai and Chuya grunted in response and then left Mori's office. "This is going to be a living hell." Chuya glared at his partner, "Shut up asshole, I'm not looking forward to this either." "Well, to go on the next mission we have to bond, I say let's go to an arcade and just play games."

"Deal, the loser has to buy shrimp ramen tonight." They both looked at each other with devilish smirks on their faces. They both walked to the local arcade, which was mainly empty, they sat at their favorite game and started playing. A couple of hours passed by, and they were on their last round. "Remember what you said, loser buys the other shrimp ramen. And, it looks like you're losing dramatically Chuya." Chuya put another quarter in the machine, "Oh shut up, I'm gonna make a great comeback right now." The two of them faced off against each other, the tension growing. "Hah! I win!" Dazai's victory fist bumped the air, while Chuya was speechless, "What!? Bullshit? How are you so damn good?!" "I practice, hehe. Anyways, I'm starving and I'm in the mood for...Hmm, Shrimp ramen" Dazai teased his losing component. "Ugh, okay let's go." Chuya grabbed his jacket and walked out of the arcade heading to a local restaurant with Dazai.

Dazai sat on a bench while Chuya grabbed two Ramen Shrimp bowls. "Here." Chuya handed his partner his meal. "Thank you, hehe" Chuya sat down next to him eating his ramen. "My birthday is tomorrow." Dazai looked at his partner with his face stuffed with ramen, "Oh really?" He managed to speak. "Mhm, I don't tell a lot of people about my birthday just because I don't wanna celebrate it. So now, you know and I'm guessing Mori knows too since he's the boss." "Okay, what if tomorrow we go out to the arcade?" Chuya looked at his partner with more ramen shoved in his mouth, "Sure." 

Dazai smiled and continued eating. Chuya opened up to Dazai about the Sheep King and his past. Once they both were done they walked back to the Mafia's headquarters together. "Chuya, do you have a favorite cake flavor?" "Hmm? Uh, probably chocolate." Dazai noted that for his plan tomorrow; Take Chuya to the arcade, beat him in their favorite game, and later get him a chocolate cake.

Current Day:

The sounds of rattling chains can be heard, echoing around. "Ugh...my head...Where am I?" Chuya looked up seeing a dark room filled with nothing he wiggled his arm finding it chained against a wall, even his legs were chained. "Shit shit shit! What the hell?!" Chuya tried to use his ability but nothing happened. "Sleeping beauty is finally awake." Dazai walked out of the shadows, there was a gun in his hand. "Dazai? What the hell are you doing."

Chuyas eyes were in shock. Kunkinda walked out of the shadows, "Consider this, Chuya Nakahara, executive member of the Port Mafia. You're last day." Chuya laughed, "What? You're insane." Dazai stepped forward, "Chuya, the Port Mafia already thinks you're dead." "Bullshit, they're on their way now to come to help me escape whatever dumbass prank is." "No. Their not Chuya." Dazais's voice was serious, and his face showed no emotion, but on the inside, he was screaming.

"Chuya Nakahara, ability, manipulating gravity. One brother decreased now. Former leader of King Sheep." Chuyas' blue eyes widen, as Kunikida kept leaking Chuya's personal information. "What the hell!? How did you get that information?! Not even Mori knows that..." Chuya made eye contact with Dazai, Dazai's eyes were already on Chuya's blue eyes. "Dazai...Did you tell...you did, didn't you? I remember that day, Mori told us to 'bond' and I was the idiot for opening up to you!" Tears started streaming down Chuyas cheeks. "I can't believe you...You asshole." Dazai just glared into his former partner's blue eyes. "I expected no less from you." Chuya closed his eyes and used his gravitation ability to break the wall he was hung up on and the chains around his arms and legs.

Dazai and Kunkida covered their faces, "Shit!" "Chuya, give up. We have you surrounded, we're armed and ready to take you down. Even if you escape right now, we will find you." Dazai pointed his gun at his former mafia partner. Chuya wiped a tear and a smirk appeared on his face. "Is that a threat or a promise?" Chuya used his ability to break the wall and escape quickly. "Shit! Dazai why didn't you fire!? You had a perfect aim!" Dazai coughed from the broken cement, "I couldn't see jack shit!" Kunkida grunted, "Shit. Now we lost our only bait against the Port Mafia." Dazai looked at the broken wall and chains. He picked it up admiring them. 

The sun started to set behind the bridge, and the sky filled with a pink color. Dazai got toLupins, he sat down at one of the bar stools. "One Whiskey shot." The bartender started preparing his order, "Actually, make that two shots." A moment later the door busted open, and Chuya walked into Lupins. "Chuya, I'm glad you can-" "Shut up asshole." Chuya hung his coat and sat next to Dazai chugging his shot down. "Chuya look, about today-" "Dazai, do you ever just shut the hell up? I'm upset you told your agency my personal information. I trusted you with that. For Christ's Sake, not even Mori knows that shit, but now you're stupid Agency does." "Chuya, I'm sorry. The Port Mafia is holding the were-tiger hostage right now-" "So you thought, 'let me get back at Mori and hold one of the executives' hostage?"

Dazai sipped his whiskey, "Yeah, but look, you're alive and still breathing." Chuya looked at him, "The were-tiger is fine as well." Dazai sighed in relief, "Kunkida is pissed at me for not shooting you when I had the chance. But, I had a feeling Atsushi was still alive at the moment you escaped." "We're you gonna kill your former partner?" Chuya smiled. "No. Of course not." Dazai put his arm around Chuya and the two of them chatted the night away, slurring their words.