Out here saving Lives. (Story 39)

This story takes place during the Azure King / Messenger arc/episodes!

"You guys saved me." The woman choked up some more water, Dazai put his coat around the frail woman, she was soaking wet from her hair to her toes, only wearing a bra and shorts. "That's our job." Dazai boasted, "Are you doing alright miss...?" Kunikida stopped midway through his sentence not knowing the young woman's name. "Nobuko Sasaki." She coughed again, sending goosebumps down her arms. "Do you remember what happened? Do you know who kidnapped you and did this to you?" Her expression was saddened, "I passed out on the train station due to my medical condition...I'm sorry...I wish I could help." She had guilty tears in her eyes, and Atsushi rested his hand on her arm for comfort.

"I see." Kunikida went silent for a few seconds, "Let's bring you back to the agency for medical attention." The four of them drove to the Detective Agency's building, bringing Sasaki to the medical room. Kunikida, Atsushi and Dazai were all waiting in the hallway. "So what do we do now?" Atsushi asked, "Nothing for tonight. We wait for Miss Sasaki to heal and rest and tomorrow ask her more questions. I'm going to head home tonight. We clearly won't get any answers till tomorrow." "Yeah, what about you Dazai-kun?" Dazai snapped out of his thoughts, "I do have to submit a paper to the president so ill get that done then go home." He beamed and left to his desk, while Atsushi and Kunikida left the Agency for the night.

Dazai waited till Kunikida and Atsushi left the building, he went back into the medical room, "Hey, these beds are uncomfortable right?" Sasaki chuckled, "Yea they certainly are. The doctors said I am fine." "Well, that's amazing news. How about you stay with me tonight at my place?" Dazai asked with a sly smirk on his face, "Sure, but just so you know, I am not interested in you romantically." Dazai chuckled, "Oh don't worry, I have someone myself." Dazai took Sasaki to his apartment downtown, he unlocked the door finding the apartment empty. "Is you're partner not here?" She asked, "I guess not, he always works during the night so, I don't think he'll come till morning." "Oh, I see." "Can I get you anything?" Dazai offered to her while he was getting himself a drink. "Just water will be okay." "You got it." Dazai poured her a glass of water handing it to her, they both sat down in the main area.

"Can you elaborate more about your medical issue?" Just as Dazai finished his sentence finished the apartment door busted open. "God fucking damn it, I almost got my ass beat today because of Mori being a dick!" Dazai and Sasaki went silent and looked at the upset male, "Chuya, we have company." Dazai coughed awkwardly, "Oh shit, my bad that I almost died today." Chuya took off his hat, gloves, and black coat hanging them up in a small closet near the front area. "Hehe, I would love to hear that story." Dazai teased, "Is this your boyfriend?" Sasaki asked, "Indeed." Chuya sat down near Dazai with a glass of wine, "Who's this?" Chuya asked taking a sip of his red wine, "Nobuko Sasaki, Dazai and his colleagues saved my life today." She had a warm smile on her lips, " I see, Dazai being a superhero again."

Chuya rolled his eyes, "Chuya Nakahara." He extended his hand out, and Sasaki extended her hand out, their hands touching. Dazai's expression changed to a cold glare, at their hands. Jealously.  A yawn escaped Sasaki's lips, "Are you tired?" Dazai asked, "Yeah." "You can sleep in my bedroom." Dazai and Sasaki got up leaving Chuya on the couch by himself with his red wine. Dazai helped Sasaki into his bed. "You and your boyfriend sleep in separate rooms?" "No, we share his room. I barely sleep in this bed." Dazai said with a smile, she laughed lightly, "Goodnight Dazai." She closed her eyes drifting off to slumber, Dazai gently shut the door and headed back to the main area.

"So Chuu, I wanna hear how you almost died now." Dazai sat next to him putting his arm around Chuya, Chuya leaned into Dazai drinking his wine and sharing his mission. Eventually, the clock hit midnight, and Dazai and Chuya were talking about their days, laughing, and embracing each other. They eventually went into Chuya's bedroom to sleep for the night. Dazai got into their bed, Chuya already there. "You know Chibi, this is the best part of my day when we get to spend time together. I wish we could do this every night." Chuya sighed and laid his head on Dazai's chest, Dazai playing with his ginger hair. "Me too."

The following Morning:

Dazai and Sasaki were in the Agency's cafe laughing with each other. "Yeah, most nights he doesn't get back till four or five in the morning." "Wow that's crazy, where does your boyfriend work?" Dazai smiled drinking his coffee, "Doctor's office." "Oh, I see. You both save lives." She chuckled, and Dazai laughed along with her. Kunikida and Atsushi walked into the cafe, "Dazai? How did you beat us here? Oh, Miss Sasaki! My apologies we thought you were still in the medical room." "Oh no, Dazai here took me to his place last night." She said with a smile. Kunikda and Atsushi were silent for a few seconds comprehending what she told them. "Dazai!!!"