iv

TW: Abduction

Shadow stalked the halls of the G.U.N headquarters, equipped with a firearm, even though they knew he didn't need it. His chaos abilities were certainly strong enough, but he only had so much energy reserved. He had learned to use a gun, so why not put it to use?

He knew when he had left G.U.N, it wouldn't be that easy. They owned him, and he had willingly given himself to them a few years prior. They weren't going to simply let him go. They had every file of his creation, every detail about him, and he had no way to retrieve them.

The hallways were dark and eerie, and his mind was uneasy. He had to fight the urge to text his lover, because that would only make things worse. He settled back in his quarters, though settled was not the best word. Despite his mental protest, he grabbed his phone and typed the other hedgehog's number into his messages app.

—————

Sonic awoke abruptly to a text notification on his phone. He wearily sat up on the kitchen floor, pulling his sleeves back over his bleeding forearms in the cool chill of the night.

The breath had left his lungs at the contact name, leaving his eyes wide and his mind confused.

"Shadow?" He gasped to himself.

'Please get some sleep.'

He stared at his phone in complete shock.

'Shadow, what the hell???'

'I know. I'm sorry. Please just go offline.'

'I was asleep. Forgot to turn off my phone. What happened to it being unsafe? What happened to forgetting you?'

'I'm sorry.'

'Stop apologizing!'

Sonic sighed, staring at their messages.

'I'm sorry. I'm upset.'

'And I understand that. You have every right to be. Go to sleep, I'll text you in the morning.'

'Please don't.'

'I love you.'

'I love you too.'

Tears returned to his waterline, like a never-ending fountain, like a tap he had taped off with a flimsy piece of duct tape, finally giving out. Some hero he was.

-----

Shadow was taking a big risk in contacting Sonic. All he wished for was his safety, but he couldn't deny how this was hitting him like a freight train. He deleted their conversation yet again, trying to erase any trace of their interactions. He hoped it was enough.

He was putting Sonic in danger by so much as talking to him. Sure, he had only seen him the other day, but with his failed plan of distancing himself from his lover, it had felt like weeks, months, even. He missed their true interactions, small talk in the morning, deep conversations at night. All things he had thrown to the wind.

He needed to cut him off. He needed to forget. Maybe the commander would throw him off the Ark, maybe he would lose his memory as he had the last time. They could grant him that much.

"Agent Shadow, please report to the front."

—————

Sonic stared at his phone for the rest of the night, sitting in a pool of his own blood. He had no real reason to get up, and he certainly had no reason to clean the mess.

He froze at a knock at his door. It was the middle of the night, who the hell was out this late? He could only hope to hide the mess from whoever it was, and pray it wasn't one of his friends.

He opened the door slowly, peeking through the chain lock before fully unlocking the door, searching the front porch for the source of the knock.

Suddenly, everything went black.

Sweet edits, I added entire sections. Hope you enjoy!