xx

I rushed over to Sonic's shaking body, kneeling down in front of him. I placed my hand on his cheek, trying to make him look at me.

"We're gonna go home, okay?" All he could do was nod and avoid eye contact. "Can I pick you up?"

"Mhm."

I scooped him up and pulled out the chaos emerald.

"I'll meet you boys at home." Rouge smiled.

Within seconds, we were back in our warm, cozy bedroom. I set him down on the bed and draped a fuzzy blanket over his shoulders.

"What should I do?"

"Can you just sit with me?" He whispered. I nodded and obliged, careful not to shift the bed and put him in more pain. I carefully slid my hand into his, intertwining our fingers.

"I'm so sorry I let him take you." I muttered. "It's completely okay to hate me."

He simply shook his head.

"Don't you dare apologize. This wasn't your fault. I made the mistake of not locking all the doors."

"It wasn't your fault, either."

Tears rapidly rolled down his face.

"I can't run." He sobbed. "Who the hell am I if I can't run?!"

I stayed silent. I didn't know what to say, I didn't know how to help him.

I wrapped my arms around his shaking body, letting him cry into my shoulder.

"They'll heal." I whispered. "You will be able to run again. For the time being, I'll be right here, taking care of you."

"But I-I'm so useless now." I sighed. I pulled away from the embrace and held his shoulders, looking into his eyes.

"Sonic, you aren't useless." He turned his head away. "No, love, look at me. You aren't useless. You are taking time to recover."

"I have been doing that for weeks! If I hadn't been slutting around then none of this would have happened!" My eyes widened at his choice of words. "I can still feel him on me. I'm disgusting. I could have stopped him, or at least tried."

"It was not your fault." He froze. Tears slowly welled up in his eyes, then making their way down his face. "There was nothing you could have done in that moment to stop it."

"But I was so weak and pathetic."

"If I was raped and was in a state where I was too shocked and scared to fight back, would I be weak and pathetic?"

"No, of course not."

"Then you're not. Elias was a piece of shit and deserved death. You are the exact opposite. You are not the antagonist here." He nodded, letting more tears spill from his eyes. "You are the strongest person I know and if you could have fought back, you would."

"I'm sorry for putting you through that."

"Please don't apologize. It's my purpose to protect you, and even if it wasn't, I love you too much to allow you to get hurt." I whispered, petting his ears.

A quiet yawn escaped his lips.

"You should get some sleep. You've been through a lot." He nodded. "I love you."

"I love you too, Shadow." He mumbled, quickly drifting to sleep.

Rouge lightly knocked on the front door, forcing me to get up and leave Sonic alone. I knew Elias was dead, and I knew he wouldn't be coming back, but I worried nonetheless. I quitely opened the door and let her in.

"Hey," She whispered. "How is he?"

"He's... alive. He blames this whole thing on himself. Says if he wasn't "slutting around", none of this would have happened."

"Sounds like someone I know." She sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"Remember when Sonic was taken the second time?" Shadow cringed at how many times he let Sonic be abducted. "You were terrified. You didn't even know if Sonic was alive, and you blamed it on yourself. Every time, you come up with everything you could've done differently, every choice you could have altered, but sometimes things just happen."

"Could you talk to him about that? I don't think I would be the best person to speak." Rouge nodded. "Thank you."

Sonic's words replayed in my head. It hurt my heart that he thought that way. I didn't know what to say to make him think differently.

Oh my god how long have I had this sitting in my drafts, waiting for my writer's block to go away? Too long. I'm so sorry lol

anyway um i'm starting on the next chapter!! honestly don't expect it to be finished anytime soon even though I would like it to be!!