viii

TW: SA, mentions of SH

Shadow ordered Rouge to take Sonic home safely while he took out as many agents as he could find, hoping at least one was the one who hurt him. Shadow could only imagine what must have happened. How could he let this happen?

At least he was alive, Shadow told himself, as if it were a mantra.

By the time he had returned, bloody and bothered, Sonic was sleeping in Shadow's bed. He worried any sound would wake him, so he stayed as quiet as he could. Sonic deserved the sleep.

He quietly joined Rouge at the counter, watching as she took a swig of red wine. She had a habit of drinking theirs, so he made sure they were always stocked.

"Thank you, Rouge. I owe you my life." Shadow said lowly, just above a whisper.

"You don't owe me anything. I'm just happy you're both safe." She smiled. "I should head home. Stay safe, boys."

Shadow waved her goodbye at the door, before quietly entering his room. As he had suspected, only a single creak in the floorboards made Sonic stir. Throwing caution to the wind, he sat on the edge of the bed, watching the other hedgehog.

"Shadow... You're back." He smiled groggily.

The ebony hedgehog only nodded. "Are you in a state to talk about what happened?"

Sonic took a shaky sigh, sitting up.

"Yeah. Yeah, I think I'll be alright."

"Tell me about your arms first, so I'm not already angry."

Sonic's form unveiled himself from Shadow's plush duvet, drawing attention to his arms, littered with cuts. They weren't deep by any means, cat scratches, but Shadow still wasn't pleased.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know how to deal with you, um—"

"Neglecting you?"

"That's... not the word I was going to choose."

"But it's what you were looking for. It's okay. I know what I did."

"So, um, yeah. Neglecting, I guess, I had convinced myself a lot of things that weren't necessarily true." He explained, watching Shadow's hand as his fingers lightly grazed his forearm. "So I tried to distract from it, I guess."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, Shads. You were keeping me safe."

"And I failed." He scolded. "I put you through hell either way."

"Shadow, you didn't fail. I don't fully understand why you did what you did, but I know it was for a good reason."

"If I hadn't texted you, if I hadn't taken the risk... I was sure they would— I thought they would kill you."

"But I'm right here, and I'm okay!"

"Are you okay? What happened in there?"

"This man, this human, he... um, he..." Sonic stuttered, a tone in his voice that could only predict tears.

"Did he rape you?" Shadow muttered.

"Um, y-yeah. He touched me, kissed me, tied me up," He paused, getting choked up. "And, um... you know."

"I'm going to kill him." He growled. "What did he look like?"

"He was a human, so he was taller than us. He had stubble, and he wasn't wearing a G.U.N uniform like everyone else."

"I saw him. I know who you're talking about. I spared him because I thought he was a hostage." He scoffed. "I will find him, and I will kill him."

—————

Shadow set off to locate Sonic's rapist, leaving the hedgehog alone in the house. The air felt eerie and unsettling, an unease in the air.

He settled down in bed, listening to music and reading, when he heard something in the living room. His breath caught in his throat as he quietly went to investigate.

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

A hand covered his mouth and slid around his waist.

"I wasn't done with you." The voice was too familiar. Tears streamed down his face as the man's hand traveled to Sonic's thighs and up. "You sent your pathetic little boyfriend on a whole search to find me, when that's exactly what I wanted."

He forced Sonic to his knees, choking him.

Sonic was terrified. This wasn't supposed to happen. How had he found him?

He bit down as hard as he could.

"You fucking brat!" He slapped Sonic across the face as hard as he could, making him yelp. Sonic could barely breathe with how much he was crying. He needed Shadow.

He grabbed the hedgehog's chin from behind, pulling out.

"It seems our time has been cut short. Your boyfriend is back. See you soon, Sonic." He ran off.

Sonic couldn't move. Everything hurt. He sat, shaking and sobbing as Shadow burst in the door.

"Sonic!" He ran over to Sonic's side, rubbing his back. "What happened?"

"H-he was-sn't at G.U.N. He f-found me." Shadow went stiff.

"You're fucking kidding." He growled. "Did he hurt you?"

He uncovered his face from his arms, revealing a large developing bruise on his cheek.

"I tried to defend myself, b-but he hit me and got r-rougher." He sobbed. "I'm n-not even safe in my own home. I'm scared, Shadow." Shadow hugged him tight, careful not to hurt him even more.

"I know you are. I won't let him get anywhere near you ever again." He soothed. "If he ever comes back, I will make him wish he was never even concieved."

This chapter was thought up last night while watching Coronation Street, following Daisy's storyline. She was never sexually harmed, but she's being stalked, and she's scared to even leave the house. Luckily(SPOILER) she punches him and he might go away (I'm not that far yet, I'm canadian, we're 3 weeks behind), but I don't plan to end it that easily.

Please stay safe out there guys, and know that you have support.