ix

TW: mentions of sa

Sonic and I couldn't sleep. He was terrified, and there was nothing I could do. He passed out at around 3 AM, but even when he was finally sleeping, he was unnerved. It was horrible to see him like this.

My ears twitched at the sound of the door knob. I nudged Sonic awake.

"What's up?" He muttered sleepily.

"I hear something. Someone's trying to get in."

"Holy shit." His breathing quickened. He looked into my eyes with a desperate worry, ripping my heart in half.

"It's going to be okay. I'm going to protect you, no matter what happens." I kissed his forehead and tried to stay calm.

The door opened and Sonic gasped. I ushered him into the closet as tears rolled down his face.

"I love you" His eyes widened.

"I-I love you too."

-----

Sonic had no idea what was happening outside the closet door. He could barely even hear the threats Shadow was making. He curled himself into his knees. The way Shadow told him he loved him before he left only left him to worry, as if even Shadow, the bravest person Sonic knew, was terrified.

Suddenly, everything went silent. Sonic couldn't even hear shuffling outside the closet. The only thing he could hear were footsteps getting closer. The doors swung open, revealing the man.

"What did you do to Shadow." Sonic growled. The man grabbed his arm and dragged him to the living room.

"Your pathetic boyfriend couldn't even take me on. Isn't he supposed to be some 'ultimate lifeform'?"

Shadow was unconcious and bleeding on the floor.

"Shadow!" He stirred slightly, but his eyes didn't open.

The man pushed Sonic to the couch and grabbed Shadow, jolting him to conciousness. He grabbed Shadow's gun and held it to the side of the ebony hedgehog's head. His eyes widened. Shadow was never scared.

"You have two choices. You submit to me as my permanant sex slave, or I kill your pretty little boyfriend." Shadow took a deep, shaky breath.

"Sonic. Let him kill me."

"What?!" Tears pricked Sonic's eyes, bewildered that Shadow would even suggest that.

"You are not submitting to him." His voice was low. "Do you understand?"

"I can't just let you die!"

"What choice do you have?!" He yelled, making Sonic go silent.

"I'll give you ten seconds to decide." The man was growing impatient.

Sonic looked at his lover, worried. Shadow mouthed 'trust me'. Sonic trembled, tears pouring down his face. 'Please'.

"I will n-never submit to you." He muttered shakily. "K-Kill him."

"Ooh, betrayal." He chuckled. "Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog."

A deafening bang ended Shadow's life.

'What was Shadow's plan?! To die?!'

The darker hedghog slumped in the man's arms, bleeding profusely.

"Goodbye, Sonic." He dropped Shadow as he ran away, to hopefully never be seen again.

Sonic dropped to his knees next to Shadow's limp body.

"S-Shadow...?" He sobbed. "You can w-wake up now. Please."

Shadow's lips formed into a weak smirk.

"I'm fine..." He coughed.

"You're an asshole." His eyes widened. "But you're also profusely bleeding and I'm a little worried?"

"Yeah. Could you help with that?"

Sonic ran to get a wet cloth and press it to Shadow's wound.

"It barely shot you!"

"I know, chaos energy is pretty incredible." Shadow sighed. "I'm actually surprised it works. I was worried I wouldn't channel enough of the emerald's energy to survive that. I would never forgive myself if I-" Shadow was cut off by a kiss.

"Please, stop. All that matters is you're here now."

"Yeah,,,"

"I love you."

"I love you too, Sonic."

A whole rollercoaster here. thx lumi for helping me figure out how the hell this was gonna work

love you guys