xxvii

TW: blood

"Shadow was that the last KD?" Sonic called from the kitchen.

"Ah, I believe so. Do you want me to go out and get more?"

"Could you? I'm craving it seriously bad right now."

"Of course. Do you want me to call Rouge?"

"No, it's okay. I need to get used to being home alone again. I'll lock everything up. And he's dead, Shadow."

"I know." He sighed. "I'm just scared for you."

"I'll be okay." Sonic smiled affirmingly.

"Okay." Shadow wrapped his arms around his counterpart, burying his head in his shoulder. "Be safe."

"I will." He smiled, pressing his lips to his lover's. "I love you."

"I love you too."

And then he was alone. He would never admit to Shadow how scared he was.

'Elias is dead. I killed him. There was no recovering from that. Eggman's dead. I'm safe.'

"I'm safe." He whispered to himself.

"Oh, I'm sure."

Sonic's lungs lost all air at the voice he so dreaded.

"No. You died. Stop fucking with me."

"I am a Robotnik. I'm smart."

Sonic made quick work to their weapon stash, making sure not to lead the man anywhere. His legs may have been mostly out of commission, but he could always rely on a spin-dash if in dire need.

He grabbed Shadow's preferred gun - the one he had taught Sonic to use, which was always loaded - then spin dashed back and directly into his assaulter.

"A gun? My, my. I thought you were against killing innocent people."

"You are anything but innocent." Sonic growled. "How many other people have you done this to?"

"Well, there was the girl from the elementary school." He smirked, evading the hedgehog's attacks. "A few young girls, actually. And that pink hedgehog, what was her name again?"

Dread washed over Sonic, praying he didn't say the name he expected.

"I think it started with an A. Amelia? No." He grunted, shooting a bullet at Sonic, then missing. "Oh, I remember. Amy Rose."

"You bastard!" Sonic rolled into him at full force.

"She wasn't nearly as fun as you." He sputtered.

Sonic took a faulty shot at Elias, missing by a mile and sending the bullet directly into a wall.

"I don't think silly little boys should be playing with adult toys."

"We'll if you didn't take my legs..." He growled, rolling out of the way of another oncoming bullet.

"Don't be dramatic. You can stand."

"Severe nerve damage isn't as fun as you make it out to be."

"You're lucky I didn't kill you." He yelled, firing a bullet into Sonic's side before he could react.

"Fuck..." The hedgehog muttered, grabbing his side.

"Your boyfriend isn't here to save you this time, slut."

"Y-You're forgetting who shot you."

"And yet here I am. Can't even get the fucking job done." He smirked. "When I'm done with you, your body is mine, forever."

"Fucking a dead body doesn't sound fun." Sonic fired directly into Elias' shoulder, the force throwing him off.

"Oh it will be GRAND." He yelled, forcing Sonic to the ground and pinning him down. Blood poured from Elias' shoulder onto Sonic's chest, and from Sonic's waist onto the wood floors. The hedgehog butter his head at full force into the man's, visibly breaking Elias' nose. He'd worry about the pain in his head later.

With Elias stunned, Sonic cocked the gun and shot straight through his chest. The look in his assaulter's eyes was all he could have ever wanted. He rolled to their safe behind the couch, smashing it in and grabbing their chaos emerald.

"Chaos control!" He shouted, grabbing Elias, likely ripping him apart through space and time. This time, he was gone.

He dropped the chaos emerald and collapsed to the floor. The room was spinning and he couldn't tell if it was from bloodloss or hitting his head. He tried to ignore the strong smell of mutual blood before his vision went black.

every time my keyboard switched to french in this i died a little. stop trying to make my ""s into « »s.

So very sorry for this chapter