v

TW: mentions of SH

Something bound Sonic down. He didn't know what. He didn't know where he was or what happened, and he was afraid to open his eyes and find out.

Opening his eyes didn't help. It was pitch black and he couldn't see anything. He knew a couple things, though. He knew he was vertical, and he knew this place reeked of blood and piss.

Then he remembered. He opened the door, immediately followed with pain. He was knocked out. Upon the realization, he thrashed and yelled, hoping, praying that someone would find him. He heard a heavy door creak open, followed by heavy footsteps.

"Shut the fuck up. Nobody can hear you."

"Th-Then how did you hear me?"

"I didn't. I was coming to make sure you weren't screamin. Turns out I was wrong, so you can rot here. You're pathetic, you know? We kidnap you at 4 AM, and you're cutting yourself? Get a life." And then Sonic was alone again.

"Hey! No, come back here!" And suddenly, Sonic was truly alone. Shadow wouldn't save him. He would probably die here, and frankly, he was fine with that. He would die here alone, just as he would at home. "You bastard! Shadow will find me and he'll kill you!"

At least that's what he told himself.

----------

Sonic wasn't responding to Shadow's texts. He hoped he was just sleeping or busy, but something felt wrong. Even G.U.N felt a bit off. There was more screaming today. They probably caught someone for experiments, but nobody struggles this much. And if they do, they get knocked out.

He went to go investigate, following the source of the screams. He reached the room, forcing the heavy door open and closing it behind him. He knew nobody would appreciate if he tampered with the hostages.

Hostages. He hated this fucking organization.

Suddenly, a blinding light filled the room.

"Turn that shit down!"

"Shadow?"

The light dimmed, revealing his lover's figure, bound by chains.

"Sonic." Shadow growled. "They said they wouldn't lay a finger on you!"

"Who are they? And can you get me down?"

He reached to break the chains, noticing damage to his forearms. Sonic fell into his arms, nearly collapsing before Shadow asked.

"Did they do this to you?"

"No."

Shadow paused. Had he really fucked up this badly? Did it really affect Sonic this much? He tried to  restrain the single attack in his mind that would start a war.

"I'm gonna fucking kill those traitors." Shadow growled. "And then we're gonna talk about your arms."

He held cerulean hips, pulling the hedgehog into a long awaited kiss, one that felt right, before reaching in his quills. He retrieved a chaos emerald - the green one, like Sonic's eyes - before revving up his shoes.

"Take this and go home. I'll be there soon." He instructed, handing the emerald to Sonic. He trusted he could get home safely. "I love you."

"I love you too."

As he sped off down the halls of the headquarters, subconcious words slipped off his tongue.

"And I'm sorry."

ahhhh nooo betrayallll (shera refference)

dude things better be about to get good cuz istg its chapter 5

update: This chapter is unnervingly short, but in future chapters, like I said, I strive for over 1000 words per chapter.