𝗉𝗋𝗈𝗅𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖟.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝒀 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑵𝑬𝑺𝑺 ▎
prologue

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽▎𝑴𝒀 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑵𝑬𝑺𝑺 ▎prologue

──── 𝖬𝖸𝖲𝖳𝖨𝖢 𝖥𝖠𝖫𝖫𝖲, 𝟫𝟫𝟥 𝖠.𝖣.

            A LONG TIME ago, in a small village now known as the town Mystic Falls, a girl was born during the middle ages, Evelyn Mikaelson was her name, but she was not the only one born that day, she had a twin brother named Kol who had beat her to it as their mother gave birth to them.

Evelyn was the younger twin, even when it was just by a few minutes, but both meant the world to their mother when she saw them for the first time. She knew from that moment that they were special. They were not only twins, but they possessed the power of magic and a powerful bond between one another called the twin bond.

The twins could be opposite, but also very alike. And yes, they could squabble with one another seeing it wasn't uncommon for them to argue, but in the end, there was harmony, and they could get very protective of one another.

One night when they were young, Esther had heard her daughter crying. She had just put the young Rebekah to bed when she heard the sound and when she went to check on her, she found that Kol had already calmed her down. The older twin had distracted her by telling stories about worlds that were beyond them and showing her tricks with his magic, or he would simply hold her hand as the feeling of their twin bond always made her feel calm and safe.

She was his long-life best friend, who he had vowed to protect from day one and liked to pull pranks with on others as partners in crime. They shared everything together as they had a connection to one another none of their other siblings could ever understand. They were the sun and the moon, sunshine and midnight rain, they were two souls that were forged together, not just emotionally but also spiritually. They were never truly apart.

''Evie, sister, wake up...'' The ten-year-old girl suddenly heard as she felt someone shake her shoulder to wake her which made her groan softly before she finally opened her eyes, noticing her older brother, Niklaus, standing beside her bed, ''Come on. You must see the new color I have made.''

Klaus was the sibling with whom Evelyn shared the love for art and paint which was why he would always go to her when he found a new color to add to the color palette. He had been away painting all day, mixing, searching for brighter reds, for deeper blues and when he came to her during the middle of the night to show her the new color he swore he had created, he begged her to come with him to paint.