𝟎𝟎𝟒. art of the swoon

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐩.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝒀 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑵𝑬𝑺𝑺 ▎
CHAPTER FOUR ─── art of the swoon

           IT WAS LATE at night as Evelyn made her way to her chamber after she had gone out for a bite, but her mind seemed occupied as all she thought was the conversation she held with Lucien the previous night and how they had kept spending ti...

           IT WAS LATE at night as Evelyn made her way to her chamber after she had gone out for a bite, but her mind seemed occupied as all she thought was the conversation she held with Lucien the previous night and how they had kept spending time together ever since. She knew that she felt some attachment to the human as he made her smile and brought her joy, he seemed to be the one who understood her and looked at her without judgement as he didn't see her as a ruthless, vicious, unstoppable killer.

He just saw Evelyn.

He made her enjoy the new life that she had been given while she made his a little more bearable as it had been miserable before the Mikaelsons came along. He was tormented and abused by his master, but when he met Evelyn, she didn't treat him differently or as if he was worth less like others did, she treated him with respect and as an equal. She showed him kindness like no one had ever done for him which made it impossible for him not to fall for her.

Too occupied with her thoughts, Evelyn hadn't heard another person coming directly towards her until it had been too late. She didn't even noticed the person she bumped into, both their belongings flying onto the floor which caused the Original and the stranger to let out a groan... but it wasn't a stranger at all as she heard him apologize profoundly, ''Forgive me.''

Evelyn held her head as she looked up to see Lucien on the ground, ''Luc?'' She began which caused the young man to freeze for a moment as he realized he had bumped into her, ''Evelyn, I did not expect you to be awake.'' He said with an awkward smile which caused the younger Mikaelson twin to shrug before she grabbed her sketchbook from the ground which she had brought along as she needed to clear her head by drawing after her feeding.

She held the sketchbook close to her chest as it had been a gift from Klaus which he had made himself from sheets of old parchment bound in a piece of leather, knowing that Evelyn was the only one of their siblings with whom he could share the beauty of art. ''I just came back from, well...'' Evelyn trailed off as she gestured to outside which made Lucien quickly understand what the brunette had done, nodding his head. ''What are you doing?''

''I need to finish my duties in the stables.'' Lucien said with a sigh, his eyes were clearly tired seeing he had been working that day non-stop thanks to Tristan as the young lord came up with all kinds of tasks that Lucien needed to perform, probably to just torment him as Tristan's jealousies were getting the best of him whenever he would see Lucien even glimpse into the direction of Evelyn.

Evelyn frowned as she could clearly see he tried to appear alright in front of her, not wanting her to see the pain he truly felt which made her curious as she felt the need to be with him and comfort him, but she was also hesitant, ''Would... Would you like if I accompany you?''