𝟎𝟎𝟑. desirable attachment

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐩.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝒀 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑵𝑬𝑺𝑺 ▎
CHAPTER THREE ─── desirable attachment

            LUCIEN COULDN'T STOP thinking about her, but didn't dare to speak her name as it could direct a lot of jealousy from a certain lord

            LUCIEN COULDN'T STOP thinking about her, but didn't dare to speak her name as it could direct a lot of jealousy from a certain lord. She was beautiful, entrancing, singular and when he noticed her walking through the garden as she was taking a stroll through the flower field, he could only focus on her, her lithe figure, her red lips, her eyes that were flickering between sad and thrilling, it felt like he could be himself around her.

He knew he shouldn't feel attracted to her as Tristan de Martel had made it quite clear that he wanted to court her, but she didn't show any interest in the young lord... but she did in Lucien.

Ever since the arrival of the Mikaelsons, well, the arrival of the Du Guise family as they were known around here, Evelyn and Lucien got to know each other and he seemed to be the only one who truly understood her whenever they talked. He didn't simply talk to her because of her looks or because of her brothers, not like Tristan, they could simply get lost together and talk until midnight came along. She would join him whenever she could as he was working in the stables which seemed to be the only place so far where it would be safe for them to talk without the prying eyes of her brothers or the young lord, but that didn't mean Evelyn wasn't anxious.

She was afraid of letting him in and getting emotionally attached to him as she knew that eventually they would need to leave seeing Mikael was still after them, but Klaus and Elijah had assured her time to time that they were safe here, and that they wouldn't be plagued by their father any time soon.

Evelyn was standing across from the garden after her stroll in the flower fields and made her way over to the table with all kinds of delicious pastries and drinks, she grabbed one of the glasses and seemed deep in thoughts, not noticing the prying eyes from behind her until she heard, ''Tiny little things, are they not?''

Evelyn rolled her eyes as she realized who it was before she took a deep breath and put on a smile as she turned around to face Tristan, ''The glasses? I suppose.'' She asked curiously as she looked down at the crystalized wine glass in her hand before she looked at his, knowing he was just trying to make small talk as it was not the true reason why he came to her.

Tristan nodded, an amusing smile on his face, ''Then the matter is settled.''

Evelyn seemed skeptical and confused as she tried to figure out his true motives, ''I'm not entirely sure the matter in which we discuss, my lord.''

''You've always amused me, lady Evelyn, ever since your arrival, I cannot help but want to get to know you.'' He said with a smile and it took everything in Evelyn not to scoff at his comment as he clearly couldn't take the hint that she wasn't interested in him.