𝟎𝟎𝟗. broken promises

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐩.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝒀 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑵𝑬𝑺𝑺   ▎
CHAPTER NINE ─── broken promises

            IT HAD BEEN a long time since the arrival of the Mikaelsons, years had passed as they were living peacefully in the castle of the Count de Martel with no longer the fear of being on the run from their father, but that didn't mean there...

            IT HAD BEEN a long time since the arrival of the Mikaelsons, years had passed as they were living peacefully in the castle of the Count de Martel with no longer the fear of being on the run from their father, but that didn't mean there wouldn't come a day when they would, and they needed to be prepared for that. They needed to be prepared for the worst.

Not long after Lucien had become a vampire, Aurora soon discovered what the Mikaelsons were. Regardless of this revelation, Aurora de Martel was in love with Klaus all the same and wished to become a vampire herself so that she and Klaus could be together forever. She got her wish when she tricked Rebekah to give her blood.

Meanwhile, Evelyn and Lucien's love had grown more and more as the two were finally free to do like they wanted to. They desired to feel close to the other, even if it was just a presence that they felt through a hand held, a voice heard, or a smile seen. Lucien finally found someone he belonged to as if the missing pieces now fitted together. It felt like he had known Evelyn his whole life, but also as if he had loved her before they had even met, maybe another time, a different place... some other existence. He loved her and wanted to be with her forever just as she wanted to be with him.

Evelyn enjoyed the life she had been given and let go of her fears. She didn't know what it was like to love someone, and it had been hard for her to let herself feel those things because she was broken inside, but she dared to love Lucien with everything she had. She got under his skin, made him unsteady as they tried new things while he made her question everything she had ever believed about love.

They were crazy in love and even when they had gone slow though everything together, it was patient, soft, an everlasting feeling of forever that made their undead hearts beat faster.

ℳ𝓎 𝒹ℯ𝒶𝓇ℯ𝓈𝓉 ℰ𝓋ℯ𝓁𝓎𝓃,

𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓉𝒽 𝓌𝑒 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓃 𝒾𝓈 𝓊𝓃𝓅𝓇𝑒𝒹𝒾𝒸𝓉𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒, 𝓂𝓎𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝒾𝑜𝓊𝓈, 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑒𝓃𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑔, 𝒶𝓃𝒹, 𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒻𝓊𝓁𝒻𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔. 𝐼𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒶 𝓅𝒶𝓉𝒽 𝓌𝑒 𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝑒𝓂𝒷𝓇𝒶𝒸𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝑔𝑒𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓎, 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓃𝑜 𝓇𝑒𝑔𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓈.

𝐼𝓃 𝒻𝒶𝒸𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒹𝒾𝒻𝒻𝒾𝒸𝓊𝓁𝓉𝒾𝑒𝓈 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓌𝑒𝒹 𝓂𝑒 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅𝓁𝓎 𝐼 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓌𝑒 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒻𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓉𝒽 𝓉𝑜𝑔𝑒𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇. 𝒪𝓊𝓇 𝒻𝓊𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝒷𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝓂𝒶 𝒸𝒽é𝓇𝒾𝑒, 𝒷𝑒𝒸𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝓌𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝑒𝒶𝒸𝒽 𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇... 𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓂𝑒 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓎𝑜𝓊.