𝟎𝟏𝟓. betrayal

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 (𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭) 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝒀 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑵𝑬𝑺𝑺 ▎
CHAPTER FIFTEEN ─── betrayal

            A GROUP OF carolers were singing 'Carol of the Bells' around a bonfire outside of the Dowager Fauline's mansion

            A GROUP OF carolers were singing 'Carol of the Bells' around a bonfire outside of the Dowager Fauline's mansion. Evelyn and Kol accompanied by Mary-Alice walked through the front gates of the home and the Claire witch stopped to quickly set a disembodied head of a porcelain doll on the fence, muttering an unintelligible spell under her breath before they headed for the porch.

Astrid, who had already been inside, opened the door to let them in and Kol took off his gloves as he entered the house, ''Alright, darling.'' He began as Astrid handed him a gas lamp with a smile, ''You know what to look for.''

The four split up to search the house and Evelyn and Kol searched through the cabinets, ''Creepy. Ew!'' Evelyn shrieked as she noticed all kinds of old porcelain dolls which caused Kol to chuckle softly as he walked behind her, ''Scaredy-cat.'' He whispered teasingly as he continued to rip open the drawers of the cabinets in search of the diamond.

''I'm not a scaredy-cat!'' Evelyn stated defensively as she quickly closed the cabinet, placing her hand casually on her hip, ''It's just gross, alright? Who collects ancient doll heads?''

Kol shook his head while some amusement was placed on his face, ''Come on, we need to keep looking.'' He retorted before the twins walked the other way, looking through several jewelry boxes, beds, closets, shelves before they finally found a huge diamond being used as a bottle stopper at the bar. ''You sly old bat.'' Kol smiled at the sight of it as he picked it up while Evelyn looked at it with some victory seeing they had succeeded quicker than expected.

Mary-Alice and Astrid joined them in the room, ''Clean up. Meet me and my sister at the cemetery.'' Kol announced as he held up the diamond proudly, ''This little beauty and us have a date with a dagger.''

And not even seconds later, Kol grabbed hold onto Evelyn's hand as the twins vamp-sped out of the house, leaving the witches behind, ''You can't leave!'' Astrid called out after them, but it had already been too late, the Mikaelson twins were gone and left them at the mansion which made the witch sigh in frustration, ''He is such a brat! His sister, Evelyn, just as terrible.''

Mary-Alice hummed softly in response, ''They are, but so am I.'' She stated with a smirk placed on her face as she grabbed the gas lamp from the table, ''I spelled the door to their clubhouse shut. They want their precious dagger back. They will need a Claire witch to open the door.''