𝟎𝟏𝟒. miserable together, happy apart

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐩.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝒀 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑵𝑬𝑺𝑺 ▎
CHAPTER FOURTEEN ─── miserable together, happy apart

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽▎𝑴𝒀 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑵𝑬𝑺𝑺 ▎ CHAPTER FOURTEEN ─── miserable together, happy apart

──── 𝖭𝖤𝖶 𝖮𝖱𝖫𝖤𝖠𝖭𝖲, 𝟣𝟫𝟣𝟦

            IT WAS A happy time for New Orleans, the skies were clear, the liquor float, and then... something changed. After Klaus Mikaelson had woke the twins from an eighty year slumber by removing the dagger once again, curse after curse befell the city, sickness, plagues, signs of a war between two factions of witches, those who aligned with Klaus and those who placed their trust in someone else.

It was night when a young blonde woman made her way into the Lafayette Cemetery, looking around to make sure she wasn't being followed by anyone, but couldn't help but feel a coldness creeping over her skin as she sensed that she was being watched, but when she finally stopped in front of one of the tombs, she seemed on edge until she was pushed against the concrete with vampire speed.

The woman gasped softly before she looked up at the person who had frightened her, rolling her eyes as she knew this wasn't really a surprise anymore after she had met him, ''Just once, Kol Mikaelson, you might greet me like a gentlemen.''

The older Mikaelson twin had a grin on his face as he seemed amused by her comment, ''If you're in the market for a gentlemen, Mary-Alice Claire...'' Kol began, taking a step forward while she was pressed up against the stone of the tombs behind her. He trailed his gloved fingers down her cheek and noticed how her heart was rising, ''I'm afraid you have the wrong Mikaelson brother.''

Kol suddenly took a step back making her lose the tension she felt when he was close to her, ''Where is Astrid?'' He added impatiently as he looked around the cemetery, noticing that the other witch he would meet that evening wasn't there, ''I need two witches before the lessons can begin.''

Mary-Alice let out a sigh as she regained her composure while standing across from the Original, ''She thinks you can't be trusted, and neither your sister. We all heard the stories about the psycho twins.'' She remarked with a tensed look on her face while Kol watched her carefully, ''How you use witches and then discard them.''

Kol scoffed loudly as he knew about the rumors his brother had spread about the twins and made them appear to be insane in the brain, psychotic, but they weren't. Why would they hurt the people from who they had learned the most over the centuries? They admired witches for the power they held, but also because they missed the magic they had lost themselves.

''Lies.'' Kol stated almost immediately, folding his hands in front of him as he looked at the blonde witch, ''Propagated by my wicked family, love. We hold witches in high regard.'' He paused for a moment for some extra dramatic effect while Mary-Alice listened carefully, ''Now, if Klaus had his way, you all be dead. This will be vampire country.''