𝟎𝟎𝟕. an unthinkable fate

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐩.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝒀 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑵𝑬𝑺𝑺   ▎
CHAPTER SEVEN ─── an unthinkable fate

            THE COURT OF Marseilles, a celebration of some kind was being held outside the Count de Martel's castle, where the entire court had gathered in the yard

            THE COURT OF Marseilles, a celebration of some kind was being held outside the Count de Martel's castle, where the entire court had gathered in the yard. Music was being played on instruments nearby, and guests mingle at the various stations. There were tables laden with fruit, bread, and cheese set up next to a practice field, where several women, including Aurora, were kneeling in the grass together.

The women watch with interest as Elijah and Tristan practice throwing axes at wooden circles propped up several meters away, clapping in amusement when their axe hit its target. Near one of the tables, Klaus was sitting in a chair, where he was whittling a horse figurine from a block of wood.

Evelyn was painting on a canvas, she was working out the beautiful landscape with the tricks she had learned from Klaus while Kol stood behind her, watching her with amusement, feeling a calmness going through his body at the sight of his sister, who was concentrating on her paint as she made sure that every line was perfect.

Lucien caught Evelyn's eye from across the yard and smiled at her which she returned with one of her own before turning back to her painting, knowing it wasn't smart to show her affections for him in public knowing how lord Tristan could be, but he had already noticed them and saw how Lucien kept staring at Evelyn, clearly lost in his thoughts which caused Tristan to become visibly jealous.

Even when Evelyn and Lucien pretended that they weren't together in public. It became harder with the day seeing they truly loved each other, but Tristan seemed clueless most of the times as he was the one who was courting Evelyn, and even though he knew she had feelings for another man. He just didn't want to admit it.

He always seemed to be after Lucien, waiting for him to make a mistake to give him an excuse to torture and punish him, but that didn't happen seeing Tristan finally got the attention from Evelyn that he desperately wanted. They let the young lord believe that he had won, but he had no clue about the fact that Evelyn and Lucien kept seeing each other almost every night at their secret meeting place.

Evelyn pretended like she wasn't interacting with Lucien and noticed how Tristan walked away which made some relief go through her body. She simply continued to paint the beautiful bright blue sky by putting her paintbrush on the canvas.

Kol kept her company as they talked before Evelyn suddenly started laughing at something the older Mikaelson twin had said which made Lucien look at her adoringly.

Klaus glanced between his sister and Lucien before he returned to his wood carving. He had his suspicions that they were seeing each other behind his back. His noble friend and his little sister were secretly in love, and as if it was on command as Klaus thought of him, Lucien approached him with a smile on his face as he watched what he was making, ''Impressive work, my lord!'' The young man complimented the Original, who looked up at Lucien as he seemed grateful for the compliment.