𝟎𝟎𝟐. masquerade

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 (𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭) 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑴𝒀 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑵𝑬𝑺𝑺 ▎
CHAPTER TWO ─── masquerade

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽▎𝑴𝒀 𝑺𝑾𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑵𝑬𝑺𝑺   ▎CHAPTER TWO ─── masquerade

────  𝖲𝖮𝖴𝖳𝖧𝖤𝖱𝖭 𝖥𝖱𝖠𝖭𝖢𝖤, 𝟣𝟢𝟢𝟤 𝖠.𝖣.

IT ALL STARTED in the south of France, where the six Mikaelson siblings had fled following their transformation into vampires and their mother's death, but immortality was beyond their grasp, compulsion a trick they had yet to learn, but all they knew now was the fear of being hunted... and a terrible hunger. So, the siblings ran, as a family, and when it was needed, as a family, they fed.

On a road that cut through a wooded area, a man drove a horse-drawn carriage with several other people in tow. The man driving the carriage stopped his horse and hopped down from the cart when he saw a wooden cart abandoned on the side of the road. He walked slowly toward it to investigate what was going on, but as the man approached the cart and peeked inside, he looked at the cart and noticed that the far corner was stained with a red liquid, blood, and before the man could react he was suddenly ripped away from the cart at vampire speed.

Moments later, a long-haired man, who was in the middle of hiding the man's carriage with tree branches amidst the slurping sounds around him. ''Kol, Evelyn, are you quite done?'' Elijah asked impatiently as he leaned against the carriage, watching the twins as they were in the middle of feeding on the man, a few feet away from the Original. Rebekah, Klaus and Finn had just finished feeding on the driver's companions and were dragging their bodies towards the cart.

Kol groaned, ''Oh, bother, Elijah! Is all of this truly necessary?'' The older Mikaelson twin asked as he turned his head up to his brother, clearly annoyed that he just disturbed his and his twin sister's feeding causing Elijah to look annoyed in return.

''Brother, the road is a major thoroughfare, if the bodies are found, word of our presence will spread to Mikael.'' Elijah retorted with some frustration in his voice which made Kol roll his eyes as he was unbothered by the older Mikaelsons comment and didn't really care about Mikael, because ever since they had been on the run from their father their life had been hell. Not only were they turned into monsters, but couldn't even find a place to stay without having Mikael on their heels or his siblings paranoia.

A soft groan was heard behind the older Mikaelson twin which made Kol turn around, smiling at his twin sister, who had stopped feeding on the driver. He held out his hand for her to take, the brunette smiled gratefully as she took his hand after dropping the dead body of the driver onto the ground.