Chapter 51

Jarrett

Visenya's eyes widened at Aemond's words, watching as Rila struck him. She couldn't help but look at her father pleadingly, as though willing him not to make her stay, but she knew it was futile as he watched her sadly. Her eyes flitted over to the King and Alicent, watching her father stride over to them to smooth things over as best as she could.

"Why? Why would you say such things?" Visenya glared as she gave her betrothed a shove, clearly upset with him, as she saw the hurt crossing her brothers face from his jab about Harwin's parenting. She saw her mother corralling her brothers away, giving her a pointed look, causing Visenya to close her eyes, trying to swallow her anger.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid man," she huffed as she took a step towards him, gently touching his face, examining the mark on his face. She could feel tears welling in her eyes from her frustration with him, wondering if they would live their lives like this. "You wish to be a father an yet you act like a child," she scolded as she released his face. "You deserved Rila's anger," she frowned, shaking her head. "I'm going to Rhoxas, come, don't come, please yourself," she snipped unhappily, not caring if she was followed.

Visenya needed to get on dragon back, her chest hurt, her head hurt, she felt like she was on fire. She was used to being able to shout and argue with Daemon, not used to concealing her emotions, or controlling them. She let out another huff as she turned on her heel, smacking away Aegon's arms as he complained that she had not checked him over the way she had her betrothed.

She reminded her father of her mother at a young age as she stormed away from them, deciding she would go riding with or without Aemond. It didn't take her long to get near to the pit, changing in one of the private rooms in the pit. The riding gear was a little big for her, but she didn't care.

Rhoxas was larger than her brother's dragons, with black scales and a silver belly, his eyes orange as he surveyed Visenya when she came into view. He huffed grumpily, turning his head away, annoyed he had been left in the bit.

"Come my pretty boy, I shouldn't have left you this long...I swear to you, my beautiful boy, I didn't mean to," she cooed, allowing him to come to her as she lead him out of the pit, , pressing her head to his face as he clicked and huffed, pleased to see her.

-----

Had Harwin had free hands, he probably would have pummeled both of the white haired princes, however seeing Rila get there first was a sight he relished in. He saw Aemond's fist bawled, and stared at him, as though he were daring him to do it. He would have handed Daerys to her brothers and finished the fight. However, he knew that Rila could handle herself.

He wrapped an arm around her as they walked, drawing her close as he held Daerys to him, who babbled, trying to look over his shoulder at the family left behind. "They're going to be the death of us," he murmured to her with a sigh. "You were fantastic, that hook, if I enjoyed pain I would certainly have you use it on me," he smirked in her ear, hoping to lighten her mood, nodding when she mentioned needing to smoke. "Let's go get you something to ease the fire. Although, I enjoy the fire more than you could believe," he chuckled playfully, but he didn't want her to feel any stress.

Some would disapprove of his wife's smoking, but Harwin would give her anything, and he didn't want her to feel vexed – he knew the day was already soured enough from the confrontation. Aemond's words had stung him, and part of him believed it true. Perhaps if he had been a little more involved, his son's might not feel so terrible with their cousins teasing. However, Rhaenyra had though it best to bring them away to Dragonstone, to stop the strife between the nephews and uncles.

Harwin decided not to discuss the happenings at the tournament further with his wife. Between Daemon almost declaring that Daerys was his, and the older ones quarreling, he knew there was a lot there for them to unpack. "Soon, boys, after your cousin is wed, we will be taking a break to Harrenhall, so that you can spend time with your Grandfather and Strong family – it will give your mother a nice break from court and the babe," he grinned as he bounced Daerys.

Daerys squealed happily. "Would you like that my little love?" he cooed at Daerys. Admittedly, it was partially to put distance between himself and his bastard children, and also to separate the Rogue Prince and his daughter. Following their little face off, concerned that it would happen again, or that he would come home from his watch to find Daemon had woven silky words to his wife and taken their daughter without his consent.