Chapter 2

Shine_on520

Aemond was in his room, letting his mother tie back his hair in a half up style like normal. Today was the beginning of the feast and tournament to wedding ceremony to his neice, Visenya. The daughter of his oldest sister Rhaenerya and the only one of her children he didn't mind. The young Targareryan hummed to himself, listening to his mothers words.

"It's a fruitful match, Aemond." He heard her say in a soft voice. "You'll make a great husband for the girl. She's pretty at least, unlike her brothers." Aemond seemed to bristle at the mention of his nephews but didn't let it show. He simply put on his eye patch after looking at the scar in the mirror while his mother stepped away from him having finished with his hair. She smiled at him in the mirror. "You look handsome, my son."

Aemond followed behind his parents with Aegon and Heleana in tow beside him. His older brother seemed eager for the wine and ale while Heleana smiled at her younger brother. "Are you excited to be wed to Visenya?" She asked him softly as they walked. "It's a pleasure," He replied just as gently. "Though I would have preferred you." Aegon only looked at his brother at the remark but said nothing against it. He wasn't exactly happy he had to marry his sister, the woman was an odd one in his eyes, but she did bring him two children so far. Heleana blushed and gently patted her brother on the arm as they walked. "She's a fine bride." She said in response.

Soon the family entered the hall, all dressed in green except King Viserys whom was dressed in the Targaryen black and red drapes of the family colors. Aemond did a survey of the room as he strided in, noting both his aunts and uncles there with their children. His gaze rested on the Strong Boys briefly, a slight scowl on his face at their prescene, before landing on his bride to be with an empty seat beside herself. Aegon sat with Heleana beside him and his mother took her seat beside his father. "It has been some time since I last saw you, my dear." The young man said softly to the woman he was betrothed to as he took his seat beside her.

-----------------------

Rila smiled at her husband as he spoke. "She certainly doesn't look to be," She replied as she shifted slightly in her seat, watching the Targaryen family as they made their entrance. She shared a brief nod with her sister and uncle when they noticed the pair there, eyes lingering on her uncle for brief moment before the gurgle of a child caught her attention. Her violet eyes watched as Harwin took their daughter from her grasp, a soft smile on her lips.

"She does seem excited. It's not often we get to see the rest of the family." She murmured back in response, watching with gentle eyes. She relished under his gentle touch as he smoothed back her hair. She had a simple braid instead of the more intricate she normally wore signifying the battles she had won. Her sister had more braids in her hair than she herself ever would, something that both calmed and bothered her.

She watched happily as Harwin moved his hand from her hair and began to play with their daughter. "Daerys is a strong girl, like her father." She murmured, a gentle smile on her lips. She had been lucky to marry a man like Harwin. He had had her eye since Aegon's second nameday hunt, but she feared at the time the man had preferred her sister over herself. And in part, she was right. Harwin and Rhaenerya had three sons together, while she herself had two boys and a daughter with him. Her gaze left her husband and daughter and moved to the boys seated beside them.

Alecor looked like the spitting image of his father with dark curly locks and dark eyes that were sweet. He was nursing the only glass of wine his mother would allow the prince to have. Feeling her gaze, Alecor turned to look at his mother and offered a small smile. "No fighting is permitted," She told her sons whom merely nodded. They would be on their best behavior for their cousins' wedding. Alecor and Rylen watched their parents quietly while everyone finished taking their seats, the eldest raising a cup to his uncles and aunts, his cousins and siblings alike, and sipped gingerly at the glass.

Rila turned her attention back to her husband when he spoke again, a soft chuckle leaving her lips. "It wouldn't be a family reunion without a fight. I have told the boys no fighting though. I don't want them hurt." She muttered in response. Rila was a gentle woman with a fiery heart to her. She would see that her sons behaved themselves, and unless defending themselves they wouldn't get into a fight. She wanted no bloodshed between the family. Her gaze briefly looked at the bride and groom, noting they were a cute couple, but she could feel the disdain leaving her young niece in waves and offered her a soft smile across the table. Maybe she would give toast to the wedded pair, try and ease the tension in the room a bit.

Her father cleared his throat and smiled at the table. He was in good spirits, his son was being married and his niece was quite beautiful. "Let the feast begin," He said as he raised a cup. "And let Aemond and Visenya have a happy marriage."