Chapter 6

Shine_on520

Aemond seemed to soften when she brightened at his question. "I shall have a look at him then," He replied gently. His memory was right, the girl hadn't lost her shin for dragons. "After the tournament, shall we go for a flight over King's Landing?" He offered in turn, himself fond of the idea. He loved to spend time with Vhagar, because for a long time he hadn't had a dragon. His brother and nephews mocked him growing up for not having one, and when he bonded with Vhagar he had been attacked for it.

To say he had a dislike for his nephews because of it was an understatement. And the lack of an eye spoke of that. He watched as Visenya cocked her head to the side and tried out his name for the first time in what had been years since he heard it. And to his ears, it sounded pleasant enough. He seemed to soften at the sound. He could feel his mother watching them and the feeling seemed to disappear.

Her words seemed to shock him as his gaze turned from his uncle and sister and onto the woman once more. There was question behind his purple eye. "Whether you want it or not, children are bound to happen." He replied in somewhat of a sharp tone. He could understand her concern, he saw the differences and complications in his family like she did. But to not have children would be a difficult endeavor.

-------

Rila listened quietly as her uncle spoke, having watched him walk over to their little family. "I shall come to Dragonstone myself to retrieve the egg when it's time. I'll even bring Daerys with me for the hatching." She told him in a gentle voice, a tone she used with her husband often. She was sweet on her uncle, there was no doubt, but seeing the pair with the child was, while natural for them, was wrong to the rest of the world.

Her gaze followed his to her brother and niece across the room. "Visenya could do worse though," Rila shared her distain that her uncle did, but neither would question Rhaenyra's decision. She turned her attention on her husband when he excused himself and wondered briefly where the man was going, but nonetheless didn't voice it. She merely turned her gaze back on her uncle and watched him with her daughter as the child squealed at the attention.

She could see the tension in her husband when he returned, requesting their daughter in exchange for a cup of wine. The feeling of pride in Harwin stepping in the way was somewhat outshadowed by Daemon's hesitance to return the child. But she hid it very well, and only smiled at Harwin when he apologized. "Yes, he has had his time." She agreed as she reached for her cup once more, taking a long swallow to finish the drink while listening to Harwin as he requested a dance.

The white haired princess licked her lips and offered a geniune smile to her husband, watching as he rose to his full height and handed Alecor his little sister. Alecor had happily taken the child after putting down his now second cup of wine, making a motion for his parents to dance while he settled Daerys in his lap. Rylen had wondered off to offer his cousin, the bride, a dance since the pair hadn't had any negative upbringing towards each other. "Excuse me," He said when he approached the pair. "May I ask for a dance, Princess?"

Rila had happily taken her husband hand and followed him gracefully onto the dance floor, a grin on her lips that was gentle and happy. "It has been a few days since our last dance." She commented as he lead the way. "And today is a celebration, let's take advantage of it while we can." She purple gaze was soft as she looked up at her husband, whom towered over her five foot four height. Her heart was fluttering in her chest, much like it had the day of their own wedding all those years ago.