𝘴𝘪𝘹 | 𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴

"ON YOUR knees!" Chief Tonowari yelled at his children. All of them quickly fell down to their knees in sync lowering their gazes. Jake Sully sons also got on their knees as their father pushed them down.

Ronal had thought that talking about this matter together would clear up the air, so after everyone was awake they were ordered to visit Chief Tonowari immediately.

A tense silence remained between the two families. Jake Sully couldn't stop shaking his head, he seemed to be even more disappointed than Tuseÿa's father was at the moment. Neytiri looked rather worried than mad, her eyebrows were scrunched together.

Tonowari was the first to break the silence screaming at his son,"Ao'nung, you've disappointed me again! You will not be swimming until you've proven to me that you deserve to. You'll stay with your mother helping her with the healers."

Ao'nung opened his mouth thinking about disagreeing but decided it would be better to just stay quiet and follow his orders for now, "Yes, sir." he mumbled.

"Tsireya, you can leave, I have nothing to say." Her father dismissed her with a hand gesture. Before leaving Tsireya gave her older sister a soft smile, trying to hide how scared she had been for her. She quickly looked the youngest son of Jake Sully in the eyes, the same expression remaining on her face.

Lo'ak formed his lips into a small line trying his best to force a smile, he had to be careful though, since her parents couldn't know about the close relationship the two lovebirds had formed over the days.

"What was the one thing I asked, the one thing?" Jake Sully now asked both of his sons who were still looking to the ground.

"Stay out of trouble." Neteyam replied for them, he felt uncomfortable getting scolded in front of Tuseÿa, but she couldn't care less since she knew she was going to get scolded just as much as they were.

Lo'ak stayed quiet, not regretting or apologizing for anything he had done so his older brother took all the blame.

"Sir, I sincerely apologize for causing all of this trouble. I-it won't happen again I-" he stuttered looking his father who had interrupted him into the eyes. Blinking multiple times to suppress any tears that could fall down.

"You're the older brother, so you should protect him, not encourage him to do those things!" His father aggressively pointed his finger at him making the boy look to the side.

Tuseÿa knew this feeling all to well. Taking the blame for her siblings because she knew no matter what, it'll always fall down to her anyway. Parents never knew how much their kids tried to do their best, they only looked at their mistakes, and never looked at the whole picture. There was so much more to them than the failures.

Neytiri grabbed Jake Sully's arm pulling him closer to her so he could calm down. "You have to calm down, it could've ended worse." she whispered.

It had gotten quiet again. Tuseÿa felt as if it was her time to get scolded now. So she prepared herself to get screamed at.

But it didn't happen, it was silent.

She glanced over to Neteyam quickly trying to see how he was holding up but he had this monotone, stoic expression on his face that she couldn't read.

Ronal dismissed the Sully's and made her way back to Tonowari to whisper him something in the ear. Tuseÿa couldn't quite hear what she had told him but he suddenly left the two alone, only giving Tuseÿa a warning look before leaving.

Everytime Tuseÿa was alone with her mother she felt a little more comfortable and at ease, knowing that she would at least try to understand her.