𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 | 𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯

THE RHYTHMIC AND SOOTHING sound of the ocean waves had woken Tuseÿa up. They had fallen asleep at the shore,  Neteyam's arm under Tuseÿa's head so sleeping on the ground would be more comfortable for her.

She got up carefully so she wouldn't wake the Sully boy up. He looked so peaceful when he slept with his eyelids completely still, his scrunched up nose and his lips an inch apart.

Tuseÿa lowered her head and got closer to his face, thinking about whether or not she should wake him up with a kiss. She quickly scratched that idea, since she didn't want to wake him up yet.

She got away from his face once again, she decided on just slightly wiping the braids of his face. She then got ready to stand up but was immediately dragged. Neteyam grabbed Tuseÿa's arm and pulled her back down again, "Shit!" The girl cursed in annoyance since her butt now hurt from the fall.

Neteyam laughed in response, also sitting up just as Tuseÿa was, the girl looked at him with a confused expression, "What? I just thought you wanted to stare at my face a little more." He joked which only angered Tuseÿa more.

She hated when he was arrogant, but yet so charming at the same time. But obviously she wouldn't admit that to him, she never wanted to, "Funny. Also I wasn't "staring", that's a little extreme if you ask me." She stood up rolling her eyes not wanting to deal with any of this.

Her feet led her towards the ocean and she slowly placed them into it, the cold feeling woke up her body in an instant, and the pain had faded away too.

Neteyam stretched himself first before following her, "But you were looking at me sleep, right?" He didn't want to let this conversation go, playing with Tuseÿa had been too much fun.

An annoyed groan left the girls mouth, she threw her head back, "Well I guess you weren't all to asleep then if you saw me watch you."

A smirk entered Neteyam's face, "No, I told you that I sense you. I didn't need to see you to notice your face inches away from mine."

This- (as Tuseÿa described it) stupid yet charming smirk didn't want to leave his face.

"If it didn't want to leave then I would have to." she thought. With that attitude she made her way towards the main island again, her feet still strutting in the water.

Just like a shadow Neteyam walked behind her, copying every single step of hers, "So.. what are you up to later?" He asked, completely ignoring the fact that Tuseÿa was trying to give him the silent treatment.

Tuseÿa was a little stubborn, so what? That's what Neteyam liked about her, she always gave him a little challenge to deal with.

"I was thinking maybe we could do something together?" He let his right hand fall on Tuseÿa left shoulder, making her turn around and stop walking.

She crossed her arms, trying her best to keep a straight and serious face, but seeing Neteyam just made all her stubbornness disappear for a split second.

She released a sigh, "As much as I would love to, I can't." Tuseÿa slowly took Neteyam's hands into her own, they made her feel warm in contrast to the ocean which made her body feel rather cold.

"Why? We don't have to hide anymore. Or has anything changed between us?" He tilted his head to the side, his eyebrows furrowed and his lips slightly pouted.

He was hoping they could do all the things they were talking about last night.

Tuseÿa squeezed his hands tightly for a second, "No, I'm over that hiding shit. It's just that I still have a lot of duties to take care of, remember? I'm the daughter of the Chief Tonowari." She rolled her eyes deeply as she said the last sentence, just thinking about her schedule today made her want to die.