Chapter I: Arrival

(Sorry but the above picture is a part of the DC run script. Kinda dark lemme tell you.

But lemme just say.

cArRoTs)

HEY FOLKS! BEGGING YOUR PARDON!
'SCUSE ME! SORRY TO BARGE IN.
BUT LETS SKIP THE TEARS AND START ON
THE WHOLE
YKNOW
BEING DEAD THING .

"LAWRENCE BETELGEUSE SHOGGOTH! IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR BLOODY ASS DOWN HERE NOW, I WILL ATTACK PLUSHIELAND!"

"DON'T HURT PLUSHIELAND! THEY'RE INNOCENT!"

"GET DOWN HERE NOW!"

"FINE!"

Beej came thundering down that stairs of our house. Idk where the stairs came from, because we live in a flat.

It's now the 21st century (finally). I've heard that there would be flying cars in the future, but clearly not. Most people are texting, watching videos or reading Wattpad fanfics. Oh well.

Also it sucks to be invisible. No one can see me.

I assume Beej has been dead longer than me. Is this how he felt? Feels?

"Y/N? We gotta perform now."

Oh yeah.

Like I said, it sucks being invisible. You have no one to talk to who isn't dead and extremely old-fashioned. But the good news is, two people are gonna die tonight. Adam and Barbara Maitland. Their gonna be our new best friends!

I sound so evil 😈.

See the problem is, to free Beej, a living person has to say his name 3 times. But because he is a demon, he cannot affect the world of the living. But ghosts can. So why don't you do it, Y/N, you may ask? You'll find out later in this book.

Also, let me just warn you: this is a show about death.

So basically, we've been watching the Maitlands for 2 weeks now.

Yes, it has been very creepy.

And today, they're gonna die!

"Ready set, ready set, let's AAAAHHH!"

🕳 👦🏻👧🏼👈🏽

See I wasn't kidding, it's a show about death.

Well, the Maitlands died naturally.

Yeah you pushed them in the hole in the floor. And they crashed into the basement and died.

Shush Beej. As you can see Beej will narrate too. Just NOT NOW.

FIIIIIIIIIIINE.

Thank you.

As I said, they died NATURALLY. Let's get back to the scene. (I'm not sure exactly how the script goes, so I will just wing it)

"Barbara?"

"Yeah?"

"Why are our bodies lying in the basement?"

"What?"

Barbara went to hug Adam, then yelped as he was freezing. I'm not sure if these dopes can help us. They seem pretty vanilla and kinda basic. But, as they always say, never judge a book by their cover.

So I came out from behind the sofa which I was hiding behind. We jumped there before the Maitlands emerged, and I told Beej: "Make a good first impression, okay?"

"Me? You're telling me? When have I ever made a bad first impression?" I rolled my eyes at his statement and jumped out.

Unfortunately, my hiding spot was too close to an overhanging shelf and I managed to bump my head.