[#15] It's Only A Starport

Christopher was giving Ka'eo, Peter, Mana, and Stavros a little more of the rundown on what a guided tour of H&G Diamond Drilling Corp. could look like, but not before something happened out of nowhere.

Example video: Subway explosion.

Suddenly, a man's panicked voice shouted from the distance, HOOOOO!! MOOOVE!! A very loud blast came from down the corridor where the shout came from, toward a busier part of the Starport's hub. People were shouting, going frantic, panicking, and other people didn't have a care in the world about what had occurred. A large crowd of people ran away from the sound of the blast, some people sprinting.
"OHHH!! HOLY-SH$T!!" Peter cried out, watching all the people.
"OHH!!" Ka'eo and Stavros yelled, ducking from the feeling of the heatwaves emanating from down the hall.
Stavros was shocked. He yelled, "F$CK! What the f$ck just happened?!?"
Mana had jumped up from his seat to the sound of the explosion, covering his ears. He hurried toward the crew to avoid all the people rushing toward their end of the Starport. Most people were exiting the Starport, going back to their ships. Some of them rushed, other people slowed down and were walking back to their ships as though nothing special happened.
Christopher stood behind the desk, unhindered. He had his eyes squinted and lips pressed together, looking unimpressed.

An announcement came through on the intercomms: Guys, uhh- *high-pitched sound* No?! Hi, attention everyone in the starport, star dock C9, sections C57 through C78, please make your way calmly and quickly to main lobby or back to your ship-wait. *high-pitched sound* Huh? They said it was urge-ohhh. Yeah, so then it wasn't-.

The announcement ended abruptly.

Peter was trying not to laugh, air breaking through his sealed smile. He and Mana broke into laughter with Stavros who was still holding his ears. Mana was trying not to give in to the panic that the explosion made him feel, stepping in place to stay on his toes.

The crowd that remained went from panicking to rowdy very quickly, with some people fighting and squabbling with each other. People were still shouting, but the reason for the explosion that generated the commotion was still unknown to the crew and Christopher. Christopher leaned from behind the desk as though trying to listen and see more down the large corridor.

Another announcement came through: Attention crews and staff members, please remember to keep your music and voices down to a reasonable level, and allow your fellow passengers and our crew members a safe and peaceful visit to our starport. H&D-eh-ch-uuhh. Sorry... H-H and-G!-excuse me! Diamond Drilling Corporation thanks you for your patronage, now please have a safe visit and a safe flight if that applies, and if you're working these next few space ticks, thank you for your hard work and dedication. *high-pitched sound* Thank you. For f$ck sake, they should-.