[#24] The Plans We Make

H&G's mining facility was truly a unique visit for the group. It felt comfortable like Earth with the added comfort of not being tied down to the rules so strictly. The Progenitor's crew admittedly were working their dream careers. How they got there was a long story from beginning to then.
As they walked the roads and pathways that led to the Starport, Ka'eo was keeping his head down, listening to the background conversations. They were passing by a strip mall and waited to walk up a very busy stairwell that led up to a walkway suspended above the roadway.

Outside of the strip mall near them, an old man in a corporate outfit was giving an explanation to a woman next to him dressed elegantly. He said, "They. Are well within their rights to get engaged and then marry!"
"They're still... kids, Pat. They're not going to be monogamous. Don't you see where we are now?" The elegant lady responded.
Another old man in a dark blue USF officer's dress uniform laid claim in their conversation saying, "This is like Sin City on steroids, but with more security presence!"
"Don't say Sin City. I hate those movies," complained Pat very seriously.
They paused, looking at Pat waiting for him to say he was kidding.
The USF officer burst into laughter, playfully recoiling at Pat's expression. "You do?! They were inspirational! Full of great actors and actresses! I thought—I think Sin City a great movie! And this asteroid project, too!"
"It's noir, Andy! Bland and boring! Noir! You like boring movies, Andy? Like my wife. Boring!"
"Pat!" The elegant woman exclaimed, shocked. She was presumably Pat's wife. The USF officer laughed again and grasped his hands together tightly, shaking them to his left and to his right.

Peter and Stavros snickered hearing the conversation. Peter lamented, "What the f$ck."

"So, Kai'eo, what was it that you were wanting to find? What were you looking at before that you said... so, you said you saw something? Right?" Christopher interrupted with a query, curiously, slowing down his pace to be next to Ka'eo. Christopher grabbed Ka'eo's hand impulsively and squeezed it, feeling no inner warmth with him. His sunglasses were on, concealing his eyes.

"No, I dunno. It wasn't anything," Ka'eo responded, trying to force his imagination to visualize a billboard with an advertisement on it. "All the ships started leaving when the rain started up again. That's a really cool process, by the way."

Peter loudly demanded an answer, speaking in a slow cadence. "Then why did you go over there?"

Ka'eo jabbed, "F$cking calm your a$$ and tits down! Okay?"

"No, no, you went somewhere," Peter said. "You f$cking left us there with our d$cks in our hands. I'm still upset at you about that. Why didn't you just tell us where you were going?"

Ka'eo sighed, making Mana laugh out loud with Stavros.

Christopher continued, embracing the laughter, "Yeah, Kai'eo, where did you go to?"

"Go two," Ka'eo said in a sinister tone, his eyes momentarily intense. The group held back smiles and looked at each other confusedly. Ka'eo blinked a few times then changed back to joking around, answering, "It was some f$cking corner somewhere, I dunno. Sorry. We're good. There was nobody there. So, it's whatever. You know?"
Christopher subdued his smile and his suspicions, thinking Ka'eo might have really gotten some p$ssy without the group. He thought there might've been a death, but Ka'eo didn't seem enough in a hurry to leave.

Stavros was feeling discouraged slightly and began walking ahead of everyone, feeling a rush.

Mana harshed out, "I told you, Ka'el was f$cking... a f$cking wh$re! Okay?! A dead wh$re!"