AoT1P: [#42] Center Gravity

Ryoma transmitted to Ka'eo in an excited, dramatized manner: Ka'eo! What did you say to them to get them to leave?! How did you do that!? How did you dooo that, Ka'eo?!

"Ryoma, do me a favor for a favor. Hack into the station again and get me the updated change logs. I want to see what they modified and all that before anyone else gets here. Hurry," Ka'eo ordered smoothly. He turned toward his crew and checked in with them, "Status report. Peter? Mana, Stavro?"
"I'm doing fine, here," Peter said.
"I'm okay, now," Stavros said. He withheld any further complaint, happy and comfortable enough to begin nodding off at his computer terminal.
Ka'eo had a humble look on his face and ignored Stavros's resting. He figured it was time for his crew to rest overall.

Ryoma communicated: Ka'eo, seriously, how'd you get them off our backs? They were f$ckin' jamming us and they sent a sh$t load of verbal threats at me. I thought they were going to shoot at us.

"Karma?" Ka'eo responded, flicking his eyebrows up. He wore a flat look on his face and scratched his sideburn. Then, out of the blue, Ka'eo got a feeling that an old friend of his might appear, and he might not be a USF person, but from STARs faction or some other group. His heart turned a bit colder and harder at the thought of which friend it could be, trying to forget about the backstory on Earth.
Mana chimed in, "Good, Ka'el. I'm going to go eat and then sleep, though. That was pretty crazy."
Ka'eo nodded and affirmed, "I agree with you, man. Alright, before you all go and I dismiss you first, stay for Ryoma's signal about... well, Mana, I guess it's fine you go and eat, but keep your ears on. Alright?"
"Yeah, thanks," Mana replied, excusing himself from his computer and walking out of the bridge in slow and heavy steps.
"How come he gets to go?" Stavros said.
Peter supported Ka'eo saying, "Stavro, just wait, because we're still in a hot zone, technically."
"Yeah, thanks," Ka'eo said. "Now, while you guys stay here, I'm going to get something to eat and go to sleep. Good luck!"
Peter hastily replied, "Oh, yeah? Good! Now I'm going to give the orders."
"Yeah, no, I was kidding, but yeah, if that ever happens and you're still up here, if you know what you're doing, that's fine. Wake me up, though, first. That's what I would prefer, Peter," Ka'eo explained ddecoratively. He went back to comms with Ryoma and reminded, "Ryoma, do me that favor?"

Kaishu came through on the OH to respond instead of Ryoma: Ryoma is taking a bathroom break, Ka'eo. I heard what you want us to do, so I got my geek freaks on it. They're working hard and fast, Ka'eo.

"Thanks," Ka'eo replied. "Kaishu?"

Kaishu affirmed: Yup. We gotcha, Ka'eo.

"And what do you mean by that, if you don't mind me asking?" Ka'eo asked Kaishu.

There was a pause, then Kaishu came back to comms: It means that we're doing what you said. Favor for a favor. Thanks for coming to our rescue on such short notice. Had you gotten here sooner, those other people might not have shown up, but you got here right on time.

"Yeah," Ka'eo said. He knew Kaishu was trying to balance the favor a little bit. Probably tired, Ka'eo figured. "How are you guys doing over there?" He asked.

Kaishu reacted: Good! Ka'eo!

Ka'eo nodded and didn't say anything. He was playing the orders he gave back in his mind. The cross hair formation, for example, was officially called the crossbow formation, but he was okay with dropping some proper names and terms in lieu of staying connected to the moment. He thought about how Queeny showed up, and he wondered if she had been the one to plan it, or if someone else knew about it. It was all too strange, but not a sure mystery to be solved.