Cory Lewis

As I finished washing the dishes, Anubis burst through the door and ran straight into the shower. It wasn't the first time this had happened. He came home early, though. Still angry from our fight last night, I needed to blow off some steam. I packed my gym clothes into a bag and exited the front door. I didn't think I'd need a jacket, but I shivered as I made my way to the car.
I opened the trunk door to put my gym bag inside and my breath stopped. Two, cold blue eyes stared back at me. The stench burned like acid. The walls of the trunk were painted red with blood. I felt weak, like I couldn't breathe. My heart was pounding and my hands trembled. I slammed the trunk door shut and ran back inside.
As I hobbled to the sink to throw up, Anubis walked out of the bathroom.
"What's wrong?" He asked, seeing my pale face. He gently rubbed my back as I emptied the contents of my stomach into the drain.
Still in shock, I slowly turned around to face him, wiping my mouth. I stared at him through clouded eyes.
"What's going on?" He asked, taking a step back.
I tried to speak but my throat burned. All I could do was point to our car in the window.
"Did you see..." He trailed off.
I nodded, tears streaming down my face. He embraced me, saying,
"Cory, listen to me. What you saw-"
"Don't touch me!" I managed, ducking out of the hug.
I frantically ran outside, hopped onto my bike and rode into the night. I didn't know where I was going, anywhere but here.
Skyelr Nork
While I drove home I got a text, the video. My car auto played the audio for me, oh how I smiled the rest of the way home hearing his screams and pleads. I pulled up and was able to see the whole thing. I don't think I've ever been so happy. While cooking dinner for myself I got another, this time it was my airpods that played the noise. There was quite a lot of crunching, I knew he had done an amazing job. I laughed at them for hours, knowing they felt what I felt. Finally.
About the 15th watch of my ex's death, I realized I caught a glimpse of his face. I knew it was him! God this made me want to thank him, but he would end up leaving me just like Austrian did. And I'll never let it happen. I wanted to tell Lavender so bad, but I couldn't. I know it's her brother, then she'd know I'm in love with him. I can't stop giggling at the frame of him. God, I wish I could thank him in person. But I won't be able to do that. I'll have to find other ways to be in his life. Make sure he doesn't get hurt, after all. He's doing my bidding, he deserves my protection. He needs it.