Anubis Cortez

Who is this person? Why do they know me? How could I be so careless? I need more information. I'm used to being the hunter, I feel like prey. I hated it. I wanted to get back on top. I want the power again. I craved it.
Kill Cory? There was no way. I couldn't. I refuse.
$975,000.
No amount of money is worth it...I would be crazy to not take it.
This is enough for Lavender's treatment, and any other problem that may come up later.
I can't. That's Cory. The love of my life. No, he is my life. I couldn't not for any amount of money.
$975,000.
He's been my rock, he hasn't left me, he loves me. I can't betray him and take the money.
I can't betray Lavender and not take the money.
I don't want to take the money. I don't want to kill Cory. I love him so, so much.
$975,000.
I want the money.
I did something I've never done in my life, I contacted my client.
"Hey!" That stupid filtered voice, the one that has caused my most recent torment. How can it sound so casual? How? When I'm suffering so much.
"We need to meet." I was nervous.
"I'd love to, but I need you to promise me something first."
I stayed silent.
"Don't tell Lav, okay? That we're meeting, I mean."
I wanted to throw up. This person knew my Lavender. I wasn't enough, I couldn't keep her safe. How could I be so stupid?
"Hello? Anubis? I'm going to need a verbal confirmation from you." I could tell they enjoyed this. What a sick bastard.
"Fine," I choked out.
They knew about Lavender, my best kept secret. How? How did I let this happen? How did I fail so miserably?
"I'll see you at the Cat Cafe on 24th at 11 then, right?"
"Fine."
They giggled, I hung up.
I ran to my kitchen sink and threw up.