Anubis Cortez

I burned the car. It made my love leave, so I had to get rid of it. Get rid of all the bad that made my love leave. I needed him, he couldn't leave me.
"Please don't leave me" I whimpered.
There was no one there. All I had was my license plate and the clothes on my back. I still had eight miles until I got home. Every step was worth it if he was back. More than anything I wanted him back. I'm trying everything to get him back.
I couldn't stop killing. I couldn't. I needed the money; For him, for Lavender, and for a new car. And I needed the killing for me. I craved it, every fiber of my being screamed at me to do it. To hurt, to inflict pain. I couldn't stop.
At least I get paid. At least my family benefits from what I do. At least I didn't kill anyone I know. I didn't know how other killers did it. I was a monster, but I was better. I felt. I loved. I wasn't as bad as the rest.
Seven more miles of walking flashed by. I didn't even remember it. All I knew was that I wanted Cory, and food. I walked inside the house and showered quickly. I got the ingredients to make beef stew, his favorite.
Two hours later, I was done. It smelled amazing. Then I waited for him to come home, he had to eventually. I just wanted to talk to him.
I was exhausted, but I refused to close my eyes until I talked to him. I loved him, so much more than anything; I needed him to know that.
I heard a knock at the door, and I jumped up to answer it.
"Mi Vida," I breathed. He came back.