Chapter 8: Strength In Defeat

After finding the one called Mason I started pushing for answers but I was met with resistance but I refused to give up as days go by but I alsways keep Rachel close to my heart as I finally take a chance to get some answers as I step up to Mason.

"What do you want this time?" Mason asked as I stand there before tossing my jacket away and the message was clear as Mason stands up and looked at me as I take a boxing stance. "If I win this fight then you have to give me answers" I tell him as I soon noticed the other masters watching as Mason agrees to the match and for a moment not one of us moved but I take the first move with a quick jab however Mason dodged and hits me with a stong knee knocking me to the ground showing the gap between us was even greater than Sam.

"Stay down and you will not suffer" Mason says as he starts walking away and in that moment it seemed as if the person I saw was Sam and I get it Mason was his teacher but I still need answers so I get back up which makes him stop and turn to me. He rushed in and begins delivering powerful punches, kicks, elbows and kicks as I block them I noticed a slight opening so I low sweep his leg making him fall to the ground before mounting him and begin my barrage of punches forcing him to block. "The kid isn't to bad he saw the opening and took it which has Mason on the defensive" Sakaki said as all the masters watch my assult on Mason but they knew things were only just beginning as Mason dodged my punch before delivering an elbow which knocks me off him.

As I get to a knee he was quick to hit me with a strong knee which cracked my nose as blood pours from it before I fall to the ground but just like before I stand up however I'm now struggling to breath as blood pours down my face. "Why don't you just stay down is this pain really worth those answers you seek because you'll never beat me" Mason says as I take my stance as Mason does the same but this time he rushed at me but as I was about get hit with an elbow something inside me clicks and I block it on instinct but I didn't stop there as I transition into a sleeper hold catching Mason off guard.

*It seems the boys fighting instinct has finally awakened the question is how long will his body hold up* Akasame thought as he watched me hold Mason tight not allowing him any room to escape. "So you do have some fight in you but I think it's time to show you the difference between us" Mason says as he used his brute force to break free of my sleeper hold and kicks me in the head with a spin kick but I stay on my feet as he rushed at me but I counter with a high kick but he blocks it and does another knee to my already broken nose as I finally fall to the ground as Mason walks away since he had won.

"Mason that kid has talent but in the end you won this match" Tigress said however Mason soon said something that shocked all the masters. "Your wrong I lost because had I not locked his kick I would be on the floor" Mason said as Tigress noticed the bruises on his arms from my kick as Mason had me taken care off as he treated his wounds. After a couple hours I wake up and find myself allow bandaged up and full of pain however I soon see my door open as Mason steps inside and sat next to me.

"I lost" I say however Mason explains things and the fight between us was close and he tells me it's most likely thanks to my fight with Sam. "So I will answer your questions but please allow me to answer a question you already asked me and that is your correct I'm not Rachel's father this will tell you who that man really is" Mason said as I noticed him hand me a picture and in the photo was Yoruichi and a wolf that seems familiar but I couldn't tell why as Mason explains things to me and what I heard shocked.

"How come your all keeping this from her?" I asked as Mason stays silent. "It was a request of a dear friend of mine but like you I agree she deserves the truth but let me ask you a question what drives you to search for these answers" Mason says as I lay there looking at the ceiling before giving an answer. "I'm not really sure it's just being the only human in this world I just want to help people but most importantly I want Rachel not to feel like an outcast because of where she came from" I tell him as a sad smile appears on his face.

"You are kind to those you know nothing about and I think that makes you worth of being our disciple" Mason told me as I looked at him before he stands up and walks away leaving me to think however I also knew this was my best option to finally bridge the gap between me and Sam.

To an unknown location

Sam walks through the halls of a building which his crew controls but most of all it's where their leader was waiting. "Master the plan is coming along just as you envisioned" Sam said as he stands before the boss. "That's good Sam but tell me what about the human?" the mystery person asked as Sam them about you and how you were defeated but not killed and while this pleased the boss they were still unsure how to deal with you.

"Sam I want you to find this human and take his life and show just what happens to those who defy The Red Claw" the boss said as Sam bows before walking away with a smile on his face at the fact he would get to taste human blood once again.