Trip back home

The snake Sisters are finally on their way back to Qin Port City.

It's been months since they've settled in the mansion, so many servants and guards had come to know them well enough to be acquaintances since the both of them are active. Though, they both are known for entirely different things. With Shé Baihua being a lovely energetic and sociable goddess looking girl that she is, while Shé Famei was the weird preferences, loner, though very work-related, serious beauty.

Though their reputation might be different like day and night, the people who knew them still parted ways with them since these two sisters really brought an impact to the whole atmosphere of the mansion. Don't tell anyone this, but amongst the servants and maids, they bet their money that their big master will be sad once the white snake sister, Shé Baihua goes away.

Cause even the servants thought that it's obvious whenever they served their big master while Miss Shé Baihua is around, he would smile. A serious gloomy man like him who was indifferent and distant only smiled whenever he's with her. Most of them at first had bet their money that miss Shé Baihua will become their new mistress sooner or later, since she even became someone that Master Chengzhi approved of.

But then one day they heard from Xiao Man and Xiao Tou, the two maids who became familiar with miss Shé, as they were Shé Baihua's training mates and personal maids, that miss Shé Baihua isn't even interested in the slightest in getting married right away, nor is she interested in that way with their gloomy master.

Her reason ?, she said she just wants to be with her big sister longer for a while. As she is a snake demon, that means her youthful beauty will stay like this for a long time. There's no harm in being late rather than being sad that her marriage is not a good one and regret it later for the rest of her life. It seems she said that because Miss Shé came from a household with a broken marriage. Rumour has it that Shé Baihua's mother was defeated by her father's concubine in terms of gaining affection, as she said it herself.

This, no wonder she doesn't like getting married soon. The other servants who are of demonic descent or of spirit lineage came to agree that what she thinks is right, she's still very young in demonic years. There's no harm to wait longer till you've fully matured enough.

While as for the human servants, they just couldn't understand and agree by what she preached. Since well, the reason why they married so early in life was because of their short mortal lifespan, causing them to want to have children soon while their age is still ripe so that their survivability and bloodline is guaranteed.

But enough about that now. It's useless talking about a maiden who doesn't want to get married yet. The ones who bet their moneys on Shé Baihua becoming their new mistress felt dejected that they lost the bet. Though soon, a new bet arises from amongst the worker class servants that usually helps Chengzhi with his work as a business man.

It seems their boss has become less active with his work, as he who used to work overtime everyday, now always comes back to his mansion just before the afternoon arrives or at a later time when evening comes. Chengzhi was usually nocturnal, but now he became diurnal more often since there's something that's keeping him wanting to go back home quickly.

They had their bets ready that it was either a lover, or health issues. But from the info of the servants that works in the mansion, he doesn't have much going on actually. Just that, he would occasionally visit and talk with either Shé Baihua for tea time, or bickering with Shé Famei when she's doing her work.

The workers are actually more shocked that he interacted often with two women as friends than him having a lover. They thought that he was a cutsleeve actually, since many bet that he was a boy toy to the master of the mansion. Just from the way he acts and flamboyantly carries himself. They meant, it was not wrong of them to think like that since at the time, men who carries themselves like Chengzhi are either entertainers like opera singers, Gigolos, or cutsleeves.