31

"how are you feeling mom?" jisung asked gently as he set a cup of water next to sooyeon.

"i don't know." she replied numbly. "sorry. i'm feeling sorry." she sighed. "i shouldn't have come here and dumped all of that on you. that's not fair. and i know you don't think so but i do love you."

"so what now?" jisung asked. "what are you going to do now?"

"i think i'm going to check myself into a psychiatric hospital. i need help, ji." she sounded so vulnerable jisung fought back tears. "i need you to report him."

"mom...i don't know if i can." jisung spoke shakily.

"i could just..anonymously report him. do you think i should? will they take me seriously?" sooyeon asked.

"min!" jisung called for his boyfriend.

"is everything okay?" minho asked as he walked into the dining area.

"how well do you know the judicial system?" jisung asked.

"pretty well, actually. i have connections too." minho nodded.

"would they take an anonymous report seriously?" jisung asked.

"no. they don't even take face to face reports seriously. but if you submit evidence they have to." minho answered.

"what do you say mom? do you think you can do it?" jisung asked.

"i...i can't." she shook her head. "and i hate myself so much for it."

"i can report it for you if you can get any evidence. if not i can talk to chaeyoung and have her open a case on him." minho offered.

"why would you help me after everything i put my son through." she sighed softly. "i don't deserve it."

"everyone deserves a second chance. as long as they put in the effort to be better." minho frowned.

"may i ask who you are?" sooyeon asked as she held back tears.

"i'm lee minho, ma'am." minho offered a small smile.

"thank you lee minho." sooyeon smiled.

"can i tell her?" jisung mouthed to his boyfriend. minho nodded.

"uhm..minhos actually my..my boyfriend, mom." jisung was terrified to see her reaction.

"really?" she asked softly. "you have better taste in men than i do." she chuckled.

"you're not upset?" jisung asked.

"no, hun. as long as he treats you right, i'm okay with it." she shook her head.

"thank you." jisung pulled her into a hug. he hadn't hugger her like this in so long.

"so what label do you use? do you use one?" she asked.

"i'm gay." jisung nodded.

"okay." she smiled gently. "now i'm embarrassed..i've made a fool of myself in front of my future son in law." she chuckled.

"it's okay, i can see that things are really hard for you right now." minho shook his head.

"that doesn't excuse anything i've done." she shook her head. "i think a psychiatric hospital is the best thing for me right now. i need to focus on getting help without having to worry about..him."

"does anyone else know?" jisung asked.

"no." sooyeon shook her head. "i will be divorcing him though. i think. i don't know if i can. i want to, but i don't know if i can bring myself to."

"i'm not gonna lie, this change scares me more than your first one." jisung chuckled. "but i want my mom back."

"you'll get her back. fully. you've just gotta give me time. that's all i ask." sooyeon replied gently.

"you can divorce him you know. as long as you actually put in all the effort all the way through, i'll be here for you mom." jisung smiled gently.

"i don't deserve to have you as a son." sooyeon was holding back tears again.

"you do. you do deserve me. let's get you away from him, and let's get you help." jisung let out a shaky sigh.

"yeah, let's do it." she nodded. "i might be gone for a while though. a long while. promise you'll come visit me?"

"as often as i can." jisung smiled softly.

"thank you. i'll get in contact with my lawyer about divorcing duri." sooyeon nodded.

"and i'll talk to chaeyoung about opening a case." minho added.

"i appreciate it. so much." sooyeon smiled.

a/n: thoughts on jisungs mom NOW?