25

"we're finally home." minho sighed, pressing a kiss onto jisungs cheek.

"min, let us take our shoes off first." jisung chuckled.

"sorry, i've been waiting all day." minho let out a breathy laugh as they took their shoes off.

"then come over here and kiss me." jisung giggled as he walked away.

"then you come here!" minho laughed as he followed after him.

"mmmm, you'll have to catch me." jisung smiled as he walked faster.

"oh nooo, how will i ever catch you." minho said sarcastically, running up to jisung and wrapping his arms around his waist.

jisung giggled as minho turned him around, connecting their lips. jisung wrapped his arms around minhos neck as he kissed back. minho pulled away with a bright smile on his face.

"happy?" jisung giggled.

"yeah, very." minhos smile never faded as he admired jisung.

"let's work on that duet now, yeah?" jisung said as he ran his fingers through minhos hair.

"yeah." minho nodded.

🍯

"tea with honey?" minho asked as they finished practicing for the day.

"yes please." jisung smiled.

minho got up to make the tea with jisung following behind him. jisung sat on the counter while minho put the tea kettle on the stove. minho moved to stand between jisungs legs, resting his hands on jisungs waist.

"did you have a good day?" minho asked.

"it was okay, nothing special. i was mostly just anticipating coming home." jisung chuckled. "what about you?"

"same, nothing special until we got home." minho replied with a small smile.

"what do you wanna do now?" jisung asked.

"we could just cuddle and watch a show or something." minho shrugged.

"sounds good with me." jisung nodded with a soft smile.

🍯

"hey guys." jisung smiled as he sat down in front of his friends.

"seriously, is it just me or has ji been glowing lately?" felix asked as he looked at his best friend.

"no he definitely has." hyunjin nodded.

"probably because i no longer live with my abusive parents." jisung chuckled.

"hm..true." felix nodded.

"are we all meeting up for lunch?" jeongin asked.

"as normal, yeah. why?" chan turned to look at his boyfriend.

"there's this café i really want us to go to, it's so cute." jeongin shrugged.

"okay, just text us the address." minho nodded.

"my dads calling me, hang on." jisung sighed as he answered his phone. "hello?"

"hey..jisung.." duri awkwardly spoke.

"what do you want?" jisung asked.

"i was just..checking on you. are you healthy? is minho taking care of you?" duri asked.

"yes, he is. why is it any of your concern?" jisung scoffed. "and why are you calling right now?"

"is it wrong to be concerned for my sons wellbeing?" duri asked weakly.

"you never cared before so why do you care now?" all eyes were on jisung as he spoke.

"i just...wanted to see." duri sighed. "crazy how i had a kid just for him to grow up and hate me."

"do you seriously think you're the victim?" jisung scoffed. "i'm the fucking victim. you made me hate you. you abused me my whole life. don't sit here and act innocent just because i don't live there anymore."

"watch it." duri warned.

"what are you going to do?" jisung rolled his eyes.

"you know what i'm capable of." duri ended the call, leaving jisung speechless.

"you okay sung? what did he want?" felix asked.

"i hate him." jisung breathed out. "i hate him. i fucking hate him."

"sung.." minho called gently.

"all of a fucking sudden he cares, all of a fucking sudden he wants to see how i'm doing, all of a fucking sudden he wants to play the victim. and i just can't figure out why." jisung was visibly shaking.

"do you want to go home?" minho asked gently.

"no. i'm fine." jisung shook his head.

"sung, you really don't look well right now." minho said carefully.

"i fucking said i'm fine!" jisung snapped, standing up. "i'm going to my lecture now. i'll see you guys at lunch." he walked away.

"you okay minho?" chan asked.

"did i say something wrong..?" minho asked with furrowed brows.

"no, you didn't. his dad said something that put him on edge." felix shook his head. "let him cool off and then talk to him later."

"but..is he really mad at me?" minho chewed on his bottom lip.

"no." felix sighed gently. "he just needs a little space or he'll get overwhelmed. we all know you love him and want to protect him and give him the world but sometimes you just gotta step back and let him come to you."

"what if..." minho was cut off by hyunjin.

"don't waste your time dwelling on the 'what if's' you'll only upset yourself. he'll talk to you when he calms down." he chuckled.

"okay." minho mumbled. "i'm gonna go to my lecture now."

a/n: guys omg my crush (also my biggest bully) reads this book I_am_Matth