36

"i brought breakfast!" sooyeon smiled as she entered jisungs hospital room.

"thanks mom." jisung smiled as he slowly sat up.

"how long will it take for him to heal?" minho asked with a frown.

"well, a concussion normally takes ten to fourteen days. a broken nose normally takes three weeks. bruised ribs normally take three to six weeks. and the internal bleeding a couple months, they're gonna give him surgery today. so that means you can't eat after breakfast."

"surgery?" jisung asked. "should i be eating right now?"

"...no but i don't want you to starve." sooyeon answered.

"why surgery? i thought they were just going to monitor it." minho made a confused face.

"he could die if he doesn't receive the surgery..." sooyeon held back tears.

"oh my god." minho breathed out. "i can't eat, i'm sorry. i have no appetite."

"it's okay...me either." sooyeon nodded.

"han jisung?" the nurse entered. "we're going to take him to perform the surgery now."

"oh my god." minho let the tears silently slip down his face.

"he'll be okay, i promise." she gave a soft smile.

minho pressed a gentle kiss onto jisungs forehead, leaving with sooyeon as they took him to get the surgery.

"he'll be okay. he needs the surgery to be okay." sooyeon whispered.

"i'll be back, sooyeon. i need to call changbin." minho stood up, taking his phone out.

he anxiously bit his lip while he waited for changbin to answer.

"what?" changbin tiredly answered.

"jisung and i won't be able to make the fall break trip." minho spoke quietly.

"huh? why?" changbin asked.

"it's going to take him a couple months to recover." minho began sobbing again.

"recover from what?" he heard felixs voice.

minho couldn't respond, only sobbing harder.

"minho hyung, what happened to jisung?" felix asked.

"j-just come to the hospital." minho cried out.

"fuck." he heard felix whisper as he got out of bed.

"we're on our way. want me to text the group chat?" changbin asked.

"yeah. i'm gonna go back to jisungs mom." minho took a deep breath, only crying harder.

"his mom? what the fuck- we're on our way." felix said before the call ended.

minhos legs felt as if they were going to give out. he slowly made his way back to sooyeon, crumbling to the ground as he started sobbing again.

"oh, minho." she frowned, helping the man to sit next to her. she brought him into a hug, allowing him to sob on her shoulder.

"i'm so sacred." minho sobbed.

"he's getting the surgery so he'll live. i promise he will be okay." she spoke gently.

fifteen minutes later their friend group was rushing towards minho and sooyeon.

"what is she doing here?" felix questioned as he stared at sooyeon.

"ahh felix, you're all grown up now." sooyeon said as her eyes watered.

"what are you doing here? what happened to jisung?" felix questioned with a harsh tone.